Jill's cardiac issues initially started in January of 2000 when she had cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure and needed her mitral valve repaired.
- in March of this year, she was diagnosed with pericarditis and congestive heart failure. She have been on a standard course of medications for the pericarditis, which are not working. They HAVE worked for her in the past when she has had pericarditis.
- She has spent approximately 30 days in the hospital (on and off) since March.
- Her cardiologist is at a loss on what to do at this point and wants her to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to meet with a team of cardiologists who specialize in diseases of the pericardium. There are no cardiologists in New England who specialize in diseases of the pericardium.
- Pericarditis is an inflammation of the lining around the heart (pericardium) that causes chest pain and accumulation of fluid around the heart. Jill has been dealing with constant severe chest pain (kind of feels like a heart attack) and really bad fatigue. Some of the meds they have her on for the pericarditis has caused her adrenal glands to shut down. This causes her blood pressure to bottom out without warning and she passes out. As a result of this, the docs have said she cannot stand for more than 15 minutes.
- The funds raised would be used to pay for transportation, lodging and other trip related expenses to get to the Mayo Clinic. An additional person would need to accompany Jill as they strongly advised against her traveling alone at this point. There will also be co-pays for the full day of testing and doctor appointments. When she travels there, they would also like her to stay 1-2 days after her last appointment in the event they would like to schedule additional testing while she is there.
- Jill has been unable to work since the beginning of April and is receiving $0 pay. On July 1st, She went out on a medical leave of absence for up to one year. This is an unpaid leave and She receives no benefits.
- She has an appointment and full day of testing at the Mayo Clinic scheduled for August 26, 2014! Hooray! We just need to help get her there !!!
- It has been so hard for Jill being sick for so long. She looks forward to getting better so that she can do things with her kiddos again . She has been missing her daughters cheering and track events, and fishing with her son. She misses work and using her 'brain power'. She misses her family as she is not allowed to drive. Jill spends her days resting and has pretty much spent the entire time since March at home.
DonationsSee top donations
- Jeff Day
- Tracey Dearborn
- Lou & Pamela Sullivan
- Suzette Davidson
- Ailene Rogers
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more