First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read our story. Our names are Levi, Pare, and Bailei Babcock. On Monday March 18, at approximately 12:30 am, our home located in Walton, Oregon was lost to a house fire. The chimney caught fire while we were sleeping and quickly spread throughout the entire house. Fortunately, we were woken by the smoke alarm ; Otherwise, our circumstance could have been a lot worse. We managed to escape with our lives and two of our three family pets (we are still hopeful our cat made it out). Bailei, our teenage daughter, made it out with her phone and was able to call 911. We stood across the street and witnessed life as we had come to know disappear within the flames that engulfed our home.
Unfortunately, we do not have home owner's insurance to help rebuild a safe home for our family. The house as it stands needs to be demolished and removed safely. We were unable to save any of our personal assets nor important document. We have lost EVERYTHING. We returned to our house the day after the fire which was shocking to say the least. None of our belongings were salvageable. Ours hearts sank when we searched through what was left standing of what we knew as home. To be victim of such a destructive force as fire is, is unexplainable. There was no time to fight for what was lost, just that of what is truly important LIFE.
We couldn’t ever have expected this tragic incident would happen to us. Our hearts are broken. We have realized that the process of rebuilding a life and home for our family is nearly impossible without the support and help of others. The process of removing the hazards caused by the fire alone is greater than we can afford alone. We are reaching out for help in any form. Monetary donations will be used to cover the costs of permits for demolition, equipment necessary for demolition, and safe removal of all hazardous materials. We also need to replace everyday living items such as clothing, shoes, and other supplies necessary for school and work as we go through this process.
A huge Thank you to the Veneta Fire Dept, Police Officers and American Red Cross volunteers who came to help us and provided clothes and surviva kit.