Hello everyone! Earlier this year my sister Viviane and I created a fundraise that with all your help raised over 1200 pounds for families in need and in crisis due to the global pandemic in Sri Lanka who we met during our travels there last year.
Thanks to everyone´s help the last fundraise did this:
- Supplied more than 115 meals for homeless people across Sri Lanka.
- Financed an alternative source of income for a whole family: a vegetable stand in Sigiriya (pictured)
- Provided food for an entire family in Negombo, this family also shared food with their community.
- A family owned restaurant managed to pay their employees in need (they hadn´t had any income for months) in Mirissa.
- Supported tea state communities, particularly the elderly, to get the medication and basic supplies they need while unable to work due to Covid-19.
Now that the pandemic is once again affecting the world badly, with its 2nd wave, we ask for a final push of new donations so we can offer some hope for these families in need during this end of year and beginning of new one. If you are lucky to still have a job or receive benefits and can spare just a few pounds (the price of a cup of coffee maybe?) that would be extremely helpful and meaningful!
As usual updates will get posted here so everyone can see results of donations.
Much love everyone, let´s all take care of each other.
Edison and Viviane.
#1 fundraising platform
People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more