My name is Silvia and I work in many fronts helping individuals and communities to build "transformational resilience" . In my work, I support vulnerable individuals and communities and also share my skills with those in the front lines of social and ecological justice. I travel offering workshops and seminars on resilience and regenerative livelihood, food sovereignty and more.
Most of my work is done for free or under the gift economy model.
With the years, I've realized that I may need to share what I carry with more people and I may be able to do this if I create a blended platform where these skills can be shared at low cost with hundreds of individuals and groups.
I strongly believe in the power of community and in supporting each other to achieve the levels of creative response to challenges we each are capable of. I also believe that there is nothing stronger than feeding what you want to see in the world: do you want to invest your money, energy, time and resources in something good and regenerative?
Then I invite you to continue reading...Why would you care for this? Why would you want to support me and my work?
If you are concerned about the climate emergency, if you believe a cascading collapse of the systems we currently know as "business as usual" is inevitable and if you want to support efforts to build resilience at the individual, household and community levels, you may want to support what I do.
Have you noticed how difficult is to change, even when we know what would be needed? Why do you think this happens? Why are people engaged in unsustainable jobs, businesses and lifestyles even when these are not providing joy, connection, well-being and usually create the opposite?
Partially, it is because people perceive change as more difficult and painful than to stay as they are, even as if where they are is unsustainable and fragile.
Providing them with a compassionate, flexible and resilient pathway to change and to build a new reality that comes from a place of Radical Hope as opposed to fear and anxiety, helps make these changes easier.
Many of us talk about "the system" as if it were a monster, or something creating by evil forces. While there may be some true on this, the reality is that we are that system and we feed that system. Only us can change it and only us can navigate its eventual disintegration in ways that may be regenerative and ensuring dignity in our way towards whatever comes next.What my program will offer:
* Online platform to learn and share about ways to overcome
challenges in building individual, household and community resilience
* Access to practices, resources and tools to become more resilient and help building resilience in groups
* Six months of learning together, mapping, assessing and planning, followed by a full-immersion f2f week (see below) and another six months of online 1-1 and group support for the design and implementation.
* A week long full immersion design your livelihood through transformative resilience building (in an ecovillage in BC, Canada)
* Workbooks downloadable in PDF format for all the exercises and practices, included in the monthly fee.
* Video calls and group support every other week for the first 6 months and every month for the second part (six more months)
* Low cost and installment options to support everyone who wants or needs to take this training (my plan is to charge a slide scale of $25-$100/month per participant for a 12 month program, those able to pay up front may get a discount). These fees are highly dependent on this fundraising and they would be based on a maximum of 30 participants per year. The fees will support my own livelihood.
* Up to two full scholarships for people from minority groups who may not be able to pay the feesWhat I plan to do with the donations:
1) Between September 2019 and July 2020, I commit to create the blended program and publish the updates in this platform as well as through social media and my blog.
No later than August 2020 (earlier if I have enough support), I will be running a pilot program at a very low cost or as work-exchange where participants will be able to experience the program and provide valuable feedback, partner facilitators may emerge and are welcome, so contact me if you want to be part of this. This pilot project is open to up to 12 participants at no cost or a donation of $25/month for one year or work exchange (help with feedback and organizing materials, promotion, etc.)
2) I would be travelling to an EDE (Ecovillage Design Education program) in Switzerland where I will learn more about community resilience building, you can see the program here: https://www.edeglarisegg.info/
3) I will attend a blended program that trains Cultural Emergence facilitators in UK, you can find more about this program here: https://www.applewoodcourses.com/uk_courses/cultural-emergence-facilitator-training-2019/
You can learn more about me and what I do or even decide to study with me here