APSC Team is requesting funding to support the making of a Video about the present matters concerning the Afro-Portuguese Speaking Community in the UK, which we intend to start the shouting as soon as funding is available.
We already have the Crew Production company waiting for the funds for go-ahead in the making of the video shouting.
The African Portuguese Speaking Community Limited Company by Guarantee aims to eliminate the Portuguese Community label from the African Portuguese Speaking Community and promote awareness about the situation of a hard-working APS community in the UK. As the first ever video that will be made, not only to introduce the community to the British Society but it will also provide a unique opportunity to Local Authorities, Businesses, Organisations and the multicultural society in the UK to:
· hear from the Afro-Portuguese Speaking Community itself the present matters concerning the community
· have a better understanding of the issues concerning the community
· knows who is who, where is and why are the Afro-Portuguese feeling excluded
· A better inside of the present barriers concerning the Afro-Portuguese speaking parents and youths.
· hear the Afro-Portuguese Speaking family’s perspective and the reasons behind the lack of involvement with the LA and government social projects
· share best practice and network with the Afro-Portuguese Speaking Community in the UK
The Videos will be arranged in a multidisciplinary manner to allow APSC Team to both explore issues pertinent to Afro-Portuguese Speaking Community and have the opportunity to engage with other professionals outside the community. Plenary video interviews will bring members of the community together on high-impact, topical issues.
The video interviews we are interested to shout are:
· APSC youths and parents’ interviews - We will be looking at the relationship between parents and their children’s, our aims with this to understands what are the present factors that are really concerning our community parents and the level of the APSC participation and interest with the social projects from and for the community. We will be looking at;
· The level of Involvement with Gangs and crime having a particular interest in finding what are the issues that influence the present youths in the use of knives.
· The level of involvement with the already in place support systems for crime prevention (ex; Victims Support) among the community
· And look at, if we have organised criminal groups and, if yes. Where are these groups? Who are the parents and the youths involved? With this, we aim to work in partnership with the already in place local support systems to get them involved with the already support systems in place and also provide the necessary support from the community in getting their kids out of these organised groups by means of the I.M.A.G.E.M. Base Model training program.
We will also be looking at the APSC local government and non-government organisations and leader’s relationship with the APSC community. With this, we aim to approach our local Government, and non-government organisations and leaders of the community aiming to develop in the community a must broader and better understanding about who are and what are their social responsibilities within the community, as well as developing in the APSC local government. NGO’s, Leaders and groups a must bigger and better understanding of the current community situation in the UK. To do this successfully we will be arranging meetings and inviting our local government, NGO’s and Leaders in participating in an online video interview to discuss current community matters and what are their work strategy and structure to achieve these.
And once we have a better understanding of the matters concerning the parents and youths from the community we will then be using videos and a training strategy to help them overcome difficult social issues as how parents can provide tools to their kids so they can successfully overcome street gangs, bullying and crime. The APSC Team will also be working with the youths already in African Portuguese-speaking organised groups as stated in the APSC Business Plan.
The APSC personal objectives in the development of this videos are:
To promote social inclusion for the public benefit by preventing APSC from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people within the community who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.
The costs involved to allow APSC in the delivery of a 3 minutes video are:
· Shooting Labour - £2,125.00
· Pre-Production / Wrap Expenses - £100.00
· Location And Travel - £100.00
· Pos-Production Labour £375.00
· Editorial / Finishing / Post-Production £40.00
. Subtotal – £2,740.00
·Contingency 10% - £274.00
This tool is to, not only raise awareness of the existing barrier's within the community or to better understand the matter's concerning the community, but also to instead of looking at the critical situations that the APS community is in, to bring the over 50 thousand Afro-Portuguese Speaking Community in the UK together and build strong relationship in and across communities, improve the places and spaces that matters to the communities, enable more people to fulfil their potential by means of the Community Channel address issues at the earliest possible stage and in a collective work provide better solutions to help the community in dealing with difficult situations by means of I.M.A.G.E.M. Base Model program. With this initiative the APSC Limited Company by Guarantee intend to facilitate participations and information sharing, aiming to better integrate and eliminate the sense of been an excluded Community in the UK
We would be grateful if you would consider supporting the making of the video by contributing in part or in full of the expenses that will be incurred. Thank you in advance for your consideration.