Columbia Shuswap Caribou & Communities is a non-profit society
*Please support this cause and note that the donation on the change.org petition DO NOT
go to the society. We are very grateful for any support.
THIS GENERATION AND FUTURE GENERATIONS CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE ACCESS TO THE BACK COUNTRY
All donations received will go directly to the society to be used for:
1) to hire legal council specifically to advise the society on legal options including litigation
2) administration and advertising resulting in additional pressure on the provincial government to meet our demands
3) any donations which have not been used will be donated to a not for profit caribou habitat organization
We are doing our very best to be transparent with everything we are doing - should you have any questions or would like to be involved - please reach Dave Seaton, director.
We also recognize that there will be massive economic impacts to such closures. This would affect all resource based industries such as mining, forestry, and tourism. Government must disclose what those socioeconomic impacts would be to our region .
We also feel certain that government will impose additional closures through the entire Y2Y tract causing massive economic and social impacts across the province of BC
WE DEMAND that all negotiations halt immediately and the Provincial government negotiation teams and all government agencies:
1) Consult openly with ALL users, stakeholders, businesses, and local government
2) Immediately begin economic and socio- economic impact studies on the North East region
3) Provide base line data on populations and relevant science based studies to support closures and recovery plans.
TheCloumbia Shuswap Caribou & Communities have started a petition and a Face Book page where additional information, reports and government documents can be foundhttps://www.facebook.com/caribouandcommunities/https://www.change.org/p/province-of-bc-back-country-access-is-being-threatened-in-british-columbia?recruiter=756577813&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&recruited_by_id=0ce51d30-7ebd-11e7-b2d6-d3069e8b6ac9