When there is a questionable police involved shooting, or a police officer is killed, there is a line drawn in the sand that no one is able to cross. The tragedy itself takes a back seat to who is right and who is wrong.
This is no time for finger pointing or playing the blame game. We must quell the hostility so that we can create positive change and reform. We have to begin by changing the way we as citizens view the police and the way the police view its citizens. That is only going to come by open mindedness, transparency and a willingness to meet in the middle with no hidden agendas.
Let’s replace angry protests with a day of laughter, harmony, love, hope, joy, education, conversation, and interfaith prayer for peace.
Let’s not wait for another tragedy to happen before we act. Let's put our hearts, minds and resources together to change our neighborhoods and our nation. We all have vested interest in creating a better world. We can do this, if we come together.
Heal Through Laughter does not profess to know the answers; however, we are willing to set the stage for meaningful, healthy, and productive dialogue towards a peaceful resolution.
The Healing Of A Nation Peace Tour will allow seasoned comedians to touch upon issues that are plaguing the relationship between the law enforcement and our citizens in order to bring a semblance of levity under very sensitive circumstances.
The Healing Of A Nation Peace Tour will provide a nonviolent and proactive platform of healthy dialogue to connect law enforcement with inner-city communities.
Government officials, law enforcement, business executives and local community members will enjoy an evening of fun-filled laughter and reflection. The audience will participate in dialogue to peacefully discuss solutions to police relations with the inner city community.
When The Laughter Stops
The purpose for the Healing Of A Nation Peace Tour is to lay a foundation for positive and healthy dialogue. We don’t profess to know all of the answers, but here are some of the things we would like to accomplish.
1. Our fundraiser will be a diverse group of citizens, law enforcement, corporate bodies, local business owners, and city officials who will discuss solutions as it pertains to law enforcement and the inner city community. From this group we plan to form a committee to monitor the progress and for the purpose of accountability.
2. Work closely with the Local Police Departments to implement a sensitivity program if one is not in place, or assist them in revamping the existing one.
3. We will meet with City Officials to reestablish programs that may have been effective improving police and community relations.
4. Honoring members of law enforcement and the inner city community who exemplify the Heal Through Laughter ideology of peace, justice and fair play.
5. Encouraging minorities to become police officers.
6. Heal Through Laughter is implementing an Economic Development Program for young adults and families.
7. Teach children in the inner city community how to communicate with law enforcement and also encourage them to aspire to become police officers.
8. Implement a database to track and to hold accountable the committees of each city we visit.
Heal Through Laughter is a non-profit under 501(c)(3).
- Charles Acrie
- Charles Acrie
- Charles Acrie
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more