Legal Fees for Whistleblower and Gun Rights Violation
My name is Taylor Johnson. I’ve been a Special Agent for over a decade with the Department of Homeland Security, United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
In 2013, I blew the whistle on high level agency officials and politicians who jeopardized the security of our country for their own personal gain. The core of my whistle blower disclosures revolve around the Agency’s preferential treatment of Chinese, Middle Eastern and other foreign nationals from terrorist countries of interest. I am the agent who was investigating the SLS casino in Las Vegas Nevada under DHS’s E-B5 Visa Program (Green Card for Cash), until high ranking USCIS Directors and Senator Reid’s office made threats of Congressional complaints to my local management.
I was responsible for investigating and indicting suspects for fraud, money laundering and potentially their ties to organized crime and foreign governments related to the EB5 project. While reviewing EB-5 applications for a Las Vegas Casino venture operated by a syndicate controlled by an infamous nightclub and casino operator, I identified national security threats justifying denial or further investigation of EB-5 applicants, the regional center and the US investors. My findings caused problems for the investor syndicate, who was represented by Senator Harry Reid’s son, Rory Reid.
The Director of USCIS at the time, Alejandro Mayorkas, pressured USCIS employees and later agents, after he gained control of DHS investigative branch, ignoring EB-5 regulations and endangering the general public. The Office of the Inspector General in a March 2015 report, sighted specific examples of favorable treatment and ethics violations related to mine and two other EB-5 regional centers, each Regional Center was and is connected to high ranking officials and politicians. Mr. Mayorkas routinely met with Senator Reid’s office regarding the EB-5 program and now these very same EB-5 applicants and US investors are giving a significant amount of money to specific political parties. As I testified to Congress in June of 2015, these EB-5 visa applicants who paid $500,000 for their green cards, came into the United States, and were approved in as little as 16 days, with little to no background investigation from Russia, Pakistan, Malaysia and China.
Not only are some of these applicants making considerable contributions to certain party member’s private charities, but they are also making them directly into political campaign funds. More recently, it has been discovered that some of these applicants, have now committed crimes against U.S. citizens and had previously committed crimes prior to leaving their own countries. The EB-5 program is being badly abused and will ultimately hurt the U.S. economy, in addition to creating a gateway for criminals and terrorist to enter and remain in the US.
The Office of Inspector General initiated an investigation into these issues and unequivocally found that Mr. Mayorkas violated the law and personally benefited by granting special favors to investors and politicians. Certain members of congress with the help of my agency (DHS) and its management, have allowed this to continue to gain promotions and millions of dollars from lobbyists and private companies. Knowing further abuse of this program will come at the expense of American Businesses and public safety, it still continues. Over 30 million dollars was recently spend by Manhattan Real-estate lobbyist to keep the EB-5 pilot program operating for just 10 months. The EB-5 program was not originally designed to help the wealthy get wealthier, it was designed to assist with employment and small businesses in the U.S.
This program as it’s currently being overseen is helping large firms get a discount to create bars, casinos and other disruptive projects that make law enforcement jobs more difficult, while also making it impossible for the hard working business men/women to compete for contracts. Many of these regional centers and projects are being run by foreigners or citizens with suspect backgrounds, and not the legitimate US business owner. The funding of these projects are thru the EB-5 program (USCIS & State Department) which is primarily promoted overseas in Asian and the Middle East. It’s an outrageous loophole that criminals and terrorist can easily use if they can produce $500,000 to buy their green cards.
The Agency retaliated against me for making these disclosures, in addition to showing the links to the politicians and high ranking agency officials involved. Disclosures that myself, the FBI, CIA and the SEC had previously discovered in other similar investigations. I joined after 9-11, to protect the U.S. and provide a better future for my family; I took an oath to uphold the law and protect our borders. With the approval of my chain of command, I opened a criminal investigation into the US investor, the regional center and the EB-5 applicants, because of the potential money laundering found, the ties to organized crime and watch list countries involved. However when my management got complaints from USCIS Directors running the EB-5 program and later Senator Reid’s office, that case was closed and I was put on “super-secret probation,” for an administrative internal investigation. To date, my agency against our firearms policy and our duty to report policy, has violated my due process and constitutional right to bear arms.
1. The agency overseen by Mayorkas made up charges against me from a 2011 operation conducted 5 year prior to the SLS investigation. These charges are completely untrue and the Office of Special Counsel has acknowledged that fact. The agency after I disclosed corruption, made a false allegation that I had an inappropriate relationship with an informant. They stated I had contacted this informant over 2000 times and produced telephone toll records to support a termination proposal. The telephone number they used was my 50 year old mother and daughters car-pool mother. Both US citizens with absolutely no ties to organized crime or criminal history. They placed both numbers, along with my 10 year old son’s telephone number into a government database as drug cartel informants. This violated 2 US citizens right to privacy and abused a minor child.
2. The Agency took away my right to use my gun in making arrests. They have violated my right to bear arms at work, where it’s needed most and have placed me in a dangerous situation, in complete violation of the agencies firearms policy. In December, 2015, I was working at the Agency building just blocks away from the San Bernardino terrorist attack. I remained unarmed throughout the event, unable to properly protect myself or others. I continue daily to work in one of the highest homicide counties in the US, in a building that houses inmates and where parolees and even the San Bernardino terrorists and accomplices had entered on numerous occasions.
3. I was told I couldn't even carry or own a personal weapon, which is a Second Amendment Constitutional gun rights violation. After being admonished for causing a congressional complaint in 2013, my ASAC and SAC issued a memo stating I couldn’t carry a government or personal weapon on or off duty. Even after the agencies false allegation had been acknowledged by the Office of Special Counsel, the agency has still not returned my weapon or full duty.
4. I almost lost my 1-year-old-child during the adoption process because an agent had told CPS I was terminated for a criminal offense, a rumor that had been spread by management to my colleagues. This was entirely untrue. I have not been terminated and I have not committed a criminal offense. In fact, I have received some of the highest awards within my department and there isn’t a single black mark in my employee file. This has been a smear campaign aimed at making me and my family so miserable I quit and give up. The rumors that have been allowed to continue through my management and my executive leadership is malicious and false, making the ability to do my job extremely difficult. It has cause irreparable harm to my reputation and a significant amount of joy and happiness has been stolen from my family and me.
5. Those involved in this ugly business of false allegations and who have supported the retaliation of a federal agent doing her job, should be fired or held in criminal contempt. Ultimately, my chain of command, has destroyed evidence, obstructed justice and been negligent in their handling of the investigation, all in order to gain favor and promotions. I should not have to sacrifice my life for my livelihood. My management is fully aware of the organized crime members and extended family, who could cause further harm to me and my kids.
My entire testimony before the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs can be seen:
On YouTube under Taylor Johnson and Senate, it can also be viewed by entering: Taylor Johnson and Senate 06/11/2015 with the Washington Post, C-Span, Fox News, The Daily Caller and ABC News.
My attorneys are wonderful and they are taking this case on a legal fee contingency, meaning they only get paid if they win or settle the case. In this instance, I am only suing to regain my full status and compensation for the financial loss I’ve suffered as a result of the agencies bad behavior. I am responsible for the costs of the case, mostly deposition transcripts and travel. My attorneys estimate that I will need about $30,000 for these costs. My attorney will maintain a record of the cost associated with this on-going legal battle and any remaining funds will be directed back to others in need at GoFundMe.
I have fought this battle against corrupt officials and a monster of an agency, who has unlimited resources on my own for over two years now. I will continue to do my very best to fulfill the oath I took as a federal agent to protect the US and its citizens, but I am at a point where I very much need the help and support from America. The battle I am up against includes lobbyists who throw millions at the EB5 program, my own agency with a surplus of OPLA legal representatives and corrupt politicians who are strongly supported by the current administration. I know that one voice can sometimes change things; we’ve seen it happen throughout history. If the policy surrounding USCIS and my agency don’t change, the US will continue to be vulnerable to terrorist attacks and criminals who wish to exploit America. Thank you all for the support you’ve shown following the Senate Hearing and going forward. My family and I are grateful for the kind words and encouragement.