Civilian's Day Pride Parade

Civilian's Pride advocates on behalf of the non-military community in order to build respect, inclusivity, equality, diversity, unity, solidarity, dignity, social mobility, empowerment, sustainability, justice and awareness for valor and selfless sacrifice of our non-military civilian citizens.  For far too long we have celebrated the contributions of our active servicemembers and military veterans, while leaving the accomplishments of our non-military brothers and sisters to suffer in silence and darkness. There's not one parade, day, cookout or 5% discount at Tim Horton's Cafe and Bake Shop or The Home Depot. This is shameful and an affront to all that we do as civilians. We are not anti-military, simply pro-civilian. If they can have a parade, so can we. Without civilians, there wouldn't be any veterans! 

 We encourage everyone to embrace our community’s diverse history, culture, and identity regardless of sexual orientation.

We will educate the public about non-military strengths and issues, and foster unity and respect by having a parade.


Our inspiration and brothers in civil rights activism, Super Happy Fun America (organizers of the "Straight Pride Parade") currently have a fundraising goal of $5,000. To say "thank you" to them for inspiring us to stand up and say "If they can have a parade, we can too!" We are looking to exceed their goal, with our own goal of $5,001. 





****All proceeds of this fundraiser will go to the New England Center and Home for Veterans, because here at Civilian's Pride we respect, appreciate and support Veterans. Is the same true for Super Happy Fun America and the LGBT community?***

More information about Vietnam Veterans Workshop, Inc. dba New England Center and Home for Veterans (New England Center and Home for Veterans): The Mission of the New England Center and Home for Veterans (NECHV) is to equip Veterans who are facing or at-risk of homelessness with the tools for economic self-sufficiency and to provide them a path to achieve successful and dignified independent living. Veterans from all eras and all military service are eligible for support, and a percentage of the Center's clients are not eligible for VA benefits because of the length or nature of their service. The population that the NECHV serves is both challenged and vulnerable, and providing an effective array of services in a robust facility will allow us to house and serve any Veterans in need. The ultimate goal is never to turn away a Veteran. The Center's population is comprised of 88% male and 12% female Veterans. An emerging need to serve female Veterans was recognized early on and specialized services and facilities are well established at the Center. With regard to age, the average age at the Center is 57, with Veterans living here ranging from 21 to 85. Throughout its history of service, the Center has evolved and adapted, growing and adding comprehensive case management, focused addiction services, and mental health services. The newest and most prominent need is for services for the frail and elderly. NECHV serves Veterans in need from every era including those from the current conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, regardless of where they lived or may travel from. Approximately 72% of Veterans served at the NECHV report Massachusetts as a last address, and the remaining 28% come from other U.S. states and territories.

Donations

  • Britni Luszcz 
    • $5 
    • 5 mos
  • Victor Scott 
    • $5 
    • 6 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 6 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $6 
    • 6 mos

Organizer

Civilians Pride 
Organizer
Bridgewater, MA
Vietnam Veterans Workshop, Inc. dba New England Center and Home for Veterans (New England Center and Home for Veterans) 
Registered nonprofit
Donations are 100% tax deductible.
Learn more
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more