On Tuesday, September 20th, the 5601 w West End apartment building exploded due to natural gas. My name is Matthew Walker, I am a musician and memory care partner in Chicago. Thankfully, I accepted overtime and was not present during the blast. Due to the extent of structural and water damage, very little other than clothes and some sentimental pieces could be recovered. While aid is organized, I am housing and food insecure, relying on the charity of friends. During these chaotic times, I know it is a lot to ask, but every dollar donated will help me relocate and start to rebuild my life. Thank you for reading my story.