Chester is a sweet 7 year old Boston Terrier that came to us as a rescue in September of 2014. He had a slight limp in his front right leg and we thought it may be due to long nails and limited exercise. We started walking regularly and weekly nail trims. The limp got worse. In March 2015, we had an X-ray done of his leg and shoulder and it was noted that he had degenerative disc disease. We scheduled an MRI with a neurologist and it was thought the limp was caused by that. After cleaning out the discs, his limp actually got worse. We did another MRI and it confirmed the clean was successful. He recommended months of restricted activity and for us to see an orthopedic surgeon if no improvement. So in May 2015 we saw the orthopedic surgeon after no improvement. She recommended additional 4 months of testing, medications, and rest, but again there was no identified reason for the limp. At this point he wasn’t even using his leg anymore, holding it up when he walked. We decided with our surgeon that amputation was the way to go. After the amputation, the surgeon looked at his shoulder and determined he had sever scar damage that was not repairable so there would’ve been nothing we could’ve done to help him except manage the pain. He did fantastic after the amputation, was “running” around, playing, just so happy. Then at the end of October he played for a while with a puppy and was limping with his right rear leg. We think he overworked it and has been limping since. Our orthopedic surgeon recommended X-ray to rule out any injuries in December. That came back negative. So she recommended chiro and PT. So we started that up in early January, he has since gotten worse and now is weak in his remaining front leg as well. Talked with the surgeon and she recommended we see a PT and neurologist to rule anything out. So we had our first consultation today with Dr. Kube. She recommended another MRI for Chester. She is concerned with his weakness in his front leg and thinks it could be disc related. So here I am now. Asking for the publics help in raising money for this sweet boy's medical issues. To date we have already spent over $10,000 on his medical expenses and we are are looking at an additional $4000 from today and his MRI. From there we will potentially need surgery and definitely physical therapy and additional medications. I tried as long as I could to hold out asking the public for help but it has just come too much for us. We know we took him in as a rescue and he is our full responsibliity. If any of you have any extra to give, we greatly appreaciate it. This boy is the sweetest dog I've ever met. He just wants to run and be a dog and play with other dogs but in his time with us he has been mostly in pain. We just want him to be pain free and the happy healthy tripawd we know he wants to be! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and donating! It means the world to us.