Ché Hill's Medical Battle Fund

In October of 2016 I went to the VA hospital in Dallas, Texas complaining about lingering stomach pain. It had all the signs of being Gerd. I was told by the doctor at that time I simply had acid reflux nothing to be overly concerned about. I was prescribed an antacid and sent home. Little did I know how profound that would turn out to be.
    As it turned out I had contracted the hpylori virus which can develop in to cancer if left unchecked. When caught early it can be treated with antibiotics. The virus comes across like the flu so you wouldn’t necessarily think something is seriously wrong. Make no mistake; this virus is nothing to play with. It is listed on the CDC (Center for Disease control) watch list. I deteriorated rapidly. I was unable to sleep or keep any food down. Nothing helped. Finally, in May 2017 I had to have emergency surgery to remove my entire stomach. I had two tumors. It was only centimeters from being inoperable.      
     After surgery I could leave the hospital in 5 days. That’s the fastest the doctor had ever seen. I opted not follow up with chemotherapy or radiation therapy. I wanted to pursue a holistic route instead of poisoning my body with chemicals.  I went home changed my eating habits and began doing regular blood tests to ensure that I no longer had any cancer. I also had a colonoscopy which came up clean. So as a early November 2017 I was feeling strong and doing well. I had resumed going to the gym, and I was leading an active life.
    In late November Kim and I visited my sister-in-law and her husband at a resort in Punta Cana. We ate out at a restaurant and I ordered the duck. I have never eaten duck before and didn’t know exactly what to expect. As it turned out my duck was undercooked (a fact I didn’t notice until I bit into it). Within a week I came down with Hepatis A. My eyes and skin turned yellow a condition known as jaundice. I visited the doctor I had been seeing (25 years’ experience in conventional medicine and holistic healing medicine). He told me that there really wasn’t anything I could do or take to stop being jaundice. He explained that my body simply need to clear out the infection/virus and that it would take about a month. At that time, I weight 172 lbs. Kim and I both noticed I began losing weight and feeling weaker. I optimistically thought it was just part of the process of my body clearing up the jaundice. One-day Kim said something is wrong. You need to go back to the doctor. At first, I told her we needed to be patient because a month hadn’t gone by; but then I acquiesced and went to the doctor. This was in late December. The doctor thought maybe my gallbladder was compromised and keeping my liver from regulating my bilirubin level (an enzyme produced by the liver; when your liver is overtaxed it produces too much which leads to jaundice). He suggested I talk with the surgeon who did my stomach surgery since he had a firsthand knowledge of my insides from the surgery. He would be in the best position to tell me if something was wrong. So, I made the appointment to see the surgeon. It’s now January 2018. I did labs and took them to the surgeon. We took a look at them and said the cancer is back. I was floored!  
     Now we are researching alternative treatments. Conventional doctors have said they cannot do anything for me. They say my situation is incurable and chemo is my best choice but I cannot get chemo until my body is no longer jaundice.


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $35 
    • 33 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 34 mos
  • Cochanta Robinson 
    • $75 
    • 36 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $175 
    • 36 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $55 
    • 36 mos
See all


Tj Nop 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more