Carol came out of her office in the back to see the front door and one side of the living room on fire. She screamed to Marc who came out of his office and saw what Carol saw. Carol and Marc were able to get out of house safely and saved their three dogs. But their four Siamese cats, and Carol’s cockatiel, died in the fire.
Firefighters attempted to save the house unsuccessfully. The fire, which started outside of the house, burned very hot and fast. Carol and Marc’s home burned to the ground. Everything was lost from pots and pans in the kitchen to all of Carol and Marc’s clothes in the bedroom. Carol is a 62 year old artist and photographer. She lost her beautiful paintings that were hanging in the house. All of her brushes, oil, acrylic and watercolor paints, and her Canon DSLR camera, lenses, tripod, and studio equipment used to create her art and photography, were destroyed. Marc is a 68 year old printer, web designer, and DIY person around the house. All of his computers, laser printer and 50 years of collecting tools for making cabinets, tables and work needed around the house, burned up.
For the last few years, they have been living mainly on social security. These hard working, creative, generous people are trying to put their lives together again. Thank you SO much for helping them.
- Chris Davis
- Moira Donohoe
- Loni Goddard
- Sarah Michehl
- Marla Fry
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more