Carl Foote, a Sierra Madre resident for most of his life, was known and beloved by an extraordinary number of people in the community and surrounding area. He was an avid cyclist, walker, hiker and basketball player. Many of us had the privilege of playing basketball with Carl every Tuesday night at the Church of the Nazarene and every Saturday afternoon at Sierra Vista Park in Sierra Madre. And it was a privilege! Though he was competitive –he was always a class act - showing respect, kindness, and friendship to teammates and opponents. And he virtually never missed showing up for the games over a 35 year period.
We invite you to help celebrate and memorialize Carl’s life in the following manner:
1. A concrete bench will be installed near the basketball court at Sierra Vista Park
2. The bench will feature a plaque commemorating Carl’s life and devotion to basketball at the park and at the Church of the Nazarene.
3. A bronzed replica of one of Carl’s size 16 basketball shoes will be sculptured and then bronzed and installed next to the plaque.
4. A basketball game between Paz Naz/Sierra Madre players VS. Sierra Madre Police, Fire, and Search and Rescue will take place on Saturday, October 14th at 1:00 PM. (We are inquiring if these departments can field a team at the moment – if not the game will be between Paz Naz and Sierra Madre players.) The event will be catered by the community.
5. The event will be also be an opportunity to thank the first responders who tirelessly worked to search for Carl.
Whether you are family, friend, co-worker, or basketball buddy, we hope you will participate in the celebration.
DonationsSee top donations
- Carol Canterbury
- Matt Flentie
- Noubar Karamanoukian
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more