**Any additional funds raised outside of hosting the experience will go towards the non-profits Girls Inc. LA and We Have Stories to support programmatic efforts. Girls Inc. LA has a major growth initiative to expand services by reaching 2,000 new girls by 2020. We Have Stories continues its commitment to provide funding to underrepresented and marginalized storytellers and content creators.**
Everyone should have an opportunity to see women in roles they can aspire to one day be, roles that show women as strong, smart and bold. From a teacher to a fighter pilot—or a superhero. This is an opportunity to continue to empower girls to be just that.
Marvel Studios’ first female led film, "Captain Marvel” offers this type of important representation. We want to help girls from various backgrounds have the opportunity to see the film by providing tickets and renting out theaters.
Why Captain Marvel?
● Captain Marvel is Marvel Studio’s first woman led film
● She will be the most powerful superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
● The story adds new components to open doors for the overall Marvel Cinematic Universe
● Unlike many female characters, her story doesn’t rely on romance and other typical woman character arcs
● There are multiple female characters in the film that enforce diversity of women in race, careers, and talents
● The film is co-directed and scored by women
● The film releases on International Woman's Day during Women's History MonthWe Have Stories would love your help in providing these young women from Girls Inc. LA with an opportunity to have a film experience with many elements that are female led.
About Girls Inc. of Greater Los Angeles:
Girls Inc. of Greater Los Angeles serves girls in Title I schools in South Los Angeles, Watts and Compton. Many Girls Inc. participants are considered "at risk" through no fault of their own, due to circumstances such as family poverty, gang surroundings and even homelessness. Still, girl-based challenges affect all young girls regardless of income, ethnicity, or education.Girls Inc. of Greater Los Angeles provides hundreds of girls with life-changing support and real solutions to the unique issues they face.
-$13.00 per child ticket
-$13.00 refreshments per child
-$17.00 per chaperone ticket
*All organization donations and movie/refreshment purchase receipts will be sent to campaign donors after the campaign is finished.*
About We Have Stories:
We Have Stories is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides financial grants for resources and support to storytellers and content creators from diverse communities to help increase positive representation of these groups in media. At We Have Stories we believe that empathy is a powerful tool that can be used create a less divisive and more equitable world for everyone.www.wehavestories.org
Contact We Have Stories at: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter @WHSorg, Instagram @WHSorg, Facebook: wehavestoriesorg