Since 2014, the Canada-Guyana Outreach Mission (aka CanGO) has been providing medical care to remote populations in Guyana. Founded by Yvonne Triesman, a Guyanese-born Canadian, the annual mission brings teams of Canadian, American, and Guyanese physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals to provide medical care to the predominantly Indigenous peoples in the interior of Guyana. Each member of our team pays his/her own airfare to Guyana and expenses for all required immunizations.
The dates of the 2022 mission are November 5 – 25. In preparation for that mission, three directors, i.e., Dr. Clare Mitchell (Medical Director), Conrad Joseph (member-at-large) and Yvonne Triesman (President) will be traveling to Guyana in May 2022 to meet with officials at the Ministries of Public Health, Foreign Affairs and Indigenous Peoples Affairs. We will also visit Kwakwani (Region 10), Warakaba and Akawini (Region 2)
Your donation will be used for the following purposes:
1. To purchase medication for the patients, e.g., antibiotics, hypertension medication, vitamins.
2. To purchase medical supplies, e.g., gloves, ear curettes, bandages, speculums.
3. To purchase special equipment for the developmentally-challenged children, e.g., wheelchairs, transport chairs, strollers, walkers, etc.
4. Accommodation for the team.
5. Transportation while in Guyana (each person pays his/her own airfare to Guyana).
6. Meals for the team.
For additional information about our organization (Mission Reports, pictures, etc.), please visit our website at www.cangomission.org.
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or spreading our mission through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our goals without the help of supporters like you.