It is time for me to act. Will you choose to help?
I am blessed with the opportunity to have an impact on our beautiful, yet broken world. I have been offered a position to join a short-term mission trip to Cambodia through the efforts of my school and a collaboration with World Vision. We aim to utilise our gifts and privilege to help those who are unfortunate due to circumstances, not poor choices.
Your kind donations will not only be used to cover the costs associated with travelling, but provide residents living in the rural communities of Cambodia with opportunities blossoming with hope.
The inhabitants of the villages my group will be visiting will benefit through this movement, because we aim to work alongside World Vision in providing assistance in necessary areas. We will address the issues of:
- The concerning child malnutrition rates (currently 32% in Cambodia)
- Education and the actions of local communities in the lives of children
- Child protection and the vulnerability of children
- Youth programs
- Agricultural co-ops and training
- Water and sanitation access and education
Throughout the confronting experience of visiting a nation recovering from the wounds of it's past, I too, will benefit and grow in multiple ways. My group will:
- Observe and immerse ourselves in Cambodian culture
- Meet the resilient people of Cambodia
- Witness the incredible work of World Vision and similar not-for-profit organisations
- Learn how to apply faith and personal beliefs in a context through which justice and mercy are critical
This immersion trip is guaranteed to inspire and provide hope, but I need your help. These funds must be raised by the end of July. Any contribution will be gratefully received, and your support will be a blessing. We can all agree that this is an expensive goal to reach, but I believe that through challenging situations, humanity can rise to the occasion and cooperate in order to complete the task.
If you have been inspired to act and make a donation, I wholeheartedly thank you - you have made a positive change.
- Sai Naveen
- Lyn & John Bridge
- Maree Papadakis
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more