Caitlyn is our 11 year old cousin in South Africa who needs a forever family immediately. Her mother is deceased and her father lost his parental rights. We are in the process of adopting Caitlyn, but since this is handled under the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption, the fees are estimated to be $45,000. We need to raise most of these fees, as we were unprepared for this. While we have read the necessary books on parenting children with trauma, are embarking on the 10 hours of training each, and are going through the arduous process of adopting (paperwork, administration, homestudy, background checks, and more), we are struggling to finance these upfront costs.
We are hoping finances will not be barrier. Caitlyn's only other option is an orphanage. We are so grateful to anyone who can help us bring her to a home of stability, love, and bring the resources to bear to help her recover from her trauma and have a shot at a good life.
Here is the breakdown of fees we need help with (total is $35,000-$47,000):
· PAID: Formal App, Global Service Fee- ($550, $1,800) charged and due at the time of approval of formal application
· PAID:Home study: $2,900
· Program Fee I (Agency Fee): $3,750
· PAID: Country Fee I (due at dossier submission): R 63,000* (exchange rate determined at time fee is due and charged in US dollars).
· Program Fee II: $2,350
· Country Fee II (due at official referral): R 59,791.80 - 74,791.80*
· Post Placement Reports (4): $2,600** (additional reports may be required)
*estimation of country fees. May vary due to nature of this case. we would be notified of additional fees by Wybrow-Oliver/Wandisa
- Carolyn Newell
- Rob, Rachel & The Girls!
- Robin Daly
- Vera Alexander
- Sheri Simon
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more