Single Mom: Child's Mental Health

It is with a heavy heart that I reach out for help for my sister and her daughter, my precious niece. It is difficult to see my loved ones go through something so difficult and struggle. My sister Rachelle and her daughter Taylor have been through many things over the years working to manage Taylor’s Autism, ADHD and mental health difficulties. My sister is a nurse and a single mom who has tirelessly advocated for her daughter. Taylor was looking forward to continuing a new school year at a new school with more supports.

Unfortunately, this bright young lady has been struggling to manage her conditions and remain independent. Even with ABA therapy, social groups, 1 on 1 counseling, a smaller class size, and medications, it has become clear that my niece's condition is beyond the expertise of her current providers and her mother who constantly strives for her stability and growth. 

33010488_1537145062305368_r.jpeg

Taylor was recently admitted to Children’s hospital in Seattle and has been there for 12 days. She will be discharged from the hospital soon and hospital bills per day will be around 8,000 to 10,000 per day. Insurance will cover 80% of this cost once the deductible has been met, but the remaining 20% of hospital bills as well as the out of pocket maximum are far beyond what is financially feasible for this small family. In 2019, this starts over and the out of pocket max will have to be paid once again. Even with financial help from the hospital(Children's Charity Fund), it is far more than the family can pay.

In addition to hospital bills, this young lady will require intensive outpatient treatment once she arrives home. In order to avoid out of home placement in a residential treatment center, she will require months of intensive outpatient services which go far beyond what her mother can financially afford while needing to work full time to make ends meet. She will need to take time off work in order to arrange all the necessary care moving forward and cannot afford to do so at the moment, as all of her paid time off(P.T.O.) has been used up. She cannot afford to miss work if she wants to pay her bills, yet she desperately needs to miss work in order to arrange sufficient help for her daughter.

33010488_1537145096224047_r.jpeg

33010488_1537145156519485_r.jpeg
It has been beyond difficult to see this lively, curious, smart young lady struggle, but we are grateful that she can receive the help and care that will allow her to move forward and become a strong independent young adult.

Any way you can help a hard-working single mom through a very tough time will be immeasurably helpful. 

All proceeds from this campaign will be paid directly towards hospital bills not covered by insurance or public grants, and to replace income that has been and will be lost in order to make arrangements for necessary outpatient treatments. 


Thank You


33010488_1537145244680996_r.jpeg
  • Linda Shatto  
    • $100 
    • 32 mos
  • Jesika Kiesel 
    • $100 
    • 32 mos
  • Lisa Cline 
    • $50 
    • 32 mos
  • Crystal Voorheis 
    • $300 
    • 32 mos
  • Tammie Kelly 
    • $50 
    • 32 mos
See all

Organizer

Jesika Kiesel 
Organizer
Redmond, WA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more