Burned Home of Handicap Family

At 9:30am on March 7th, my Aunt and Uncle's home burst in flames due to an interior wall electrical fire. We are so thankful that no one was home during the fire and the emergency response was quick. Normally my Aunt Corby is home in the mornings doing her daily routines, but thankfully this morning she was out running some errands. She has moderate Polymyositis. It has been many years of struggling with the disease, and ever since there have been modifications to their home to accommodate her handicap lifestyle. Also, there were several daily medications which unfortunately are now lost in the fire, along with many other personal needed items. The medications are expensive.

We are very thankful for the family support so far, but we are now reaching out to the public to those who maybe have gone through this before and understand the devastation that has happened.

The damage to the home is irreversible and they will need a new handicap accessible home. The unfortunate truth is, due to a lack of house insurance, many things will not be replaced without a lot of funding. This is why we are now asking you for your prayers and financial support to help as we help them rebuild thier lives. It will be a long road and any help you can give would go a long way. 

Thank you so much and there will be regular updates as we find out more.
  • Carmen Hoffmann 
    • $125 
    • 37 mos
  • Rebecca Fuchs  
    • $25 
    • 41 mos
  • Verna O'Neil 
    • $50 
    • 44 mos
  • wilson stream family practice 
    • $180 
    • 44 mos
  • Melanie Farmer 
    • $100 
    • 44 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Luke Savage 
Wilton, ME
Jody Savage 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more