Over the last few years we have watched close friends host and adopt children from Ukraine. We were not in the position in our lives to host or adopt, but we raised money and contributed to other families that were in the hosting or adoption process. Our good friends were in the process of their fourth adoption from Ukraine when an illness prevented them from continuing their adoption process. This experience has reawakened our desire to pursue adoption. We are feeling led to continue the process which our friends began four years ago. We have been exposed to the plight of orphans in Ukraine and wish to adopt a child because of those experiences. Our family knows that this is God driven, and our children are looking forward to welcoming a child adopted from Ukraine into our family. We desire to give a home to a child that currently does not have one. The adoption process is a long and arduous process that requires a lot of prayer, patience, and financial support. There are a number of steps that have to be completed before we can travel to petition Ukraine to adopt. We have estimated the expenses to be approximately $30,000.
To complete the adoption, we are asking you to contribute to the following:
- $250 for the application to begin the “Home Study” portion of the adoption process
- $2,000 for the actual “Home Study” to be conducted
Due by January 1, 2020: $13,000
- $2,500 fee for Family Connections Inc (this is the Primary Provider Agency)
- $8,500 Supervised Foreign Service Provider Fee (this is paid to a translator/interpreter/logistics coordinator in Ukraine who acts on our behalf, supervised by Family Connections.)
Due by March 2020: $11,900
- 3 round trip flights to Ukraine. These visits are required by the Ukraine Government process.
- Accommodations while in Ukraine
- Interpreter fees while in Ukraine
- Miscellaneous fees required due to travel.
We know that these older children have lived very difficult lives in an orphanage and want to have a family. Please help us give a child a home.