Hurricane Harvey caused a devastating flood that hit the Houston area. Brad and his family had to evacuate to avoid the threatening waters that invaded their home. The flood eventually receded, but left his home damaged and in need of significant repair. Despite what he and his family are facing, here are some observations from Brad that demonstrates his outlook and the goodness of people.
- I have seen neighbors that didn't know one another share meals...and homes
- I have seen strangers that traveled across state lines to help those they don't know
- I have seen selfish teenagers become selfless rescuers
- I have seen people that don't look alike or think alike find a common cause
- I have seen people that are consumed with accumulating stuff find ways to be generous beyond imagination
- I have seen people ignore their problems because they knew other people had bigger problems
- I have seen people tell each other 'l love you'
To help Brad and his family get their home 'put back together' his friends and colleagues have started this campaign. Any donation will be appreciated, but of course participation is personal and voluntary! All proceeds will go to Brad so thank you in advance!
The FOB's....Friends of Brad!
- Gordon Andringa
- Scott Wickersham
- Mark & Danika Velasco
- Joshua Saragovi
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more