On November 26, 2018, Debbie Greer, of Port Arthur, Texas, sustained 2nd degree burns from her waist down after a home accident that took place while on a holiday break from work. This unfortunate incident happened when Debbie attempted to take a warm bath after her water heater busted. She boiled a large pot of water to place in the bathtub, but tripped and fell with it along the way, burning herself with boiling water.
Debbie is currently in recovery from her burn injuries and is being treated at University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Health’s Burn Center in Galveston, Texas. Since the incident, however, Debbie developed an infection and will soon face skin grafting surgery.
Employed as a full-time custodian, Debbie is now too incapacitated to work, not eligible to draw unemployment benefits, nor has insurance benefits. Debbie lives with her two loving daughters at home and would benefit greatly from your financial and moral support until she can fully recover.