Pull Down Racism. Push up Black Student Leadership. Support Black Impacts’ £150,000 anti-racism, Black leadership development challenge.
Who are we?
Black Impact is a national African and Caribbean student network. During the current Covid-19 crisis and in the aftermath of the brutal murder of George Floyd we are determined to play our part in bringing about much-needed change for on behalf of African and Caribbean students nationwide.
Through, training, collegiate leadership and collaborative events and activities, Black Impact strives to improve the lives and prospects of Black students. Central to that aim is strategic networking and so we are committed to forging new and creative partnerships with a range of other organisations that share our values.
Our key objective is the desire to fundamentally challenge structural racism, social and economic injustice and discrimination within higher education and wider society in general.
Black Impacts' long-term vision is to:
1) Build upon and further develop an independent, national leadership and development network/hub for Black students
2) Raise the next generation of Black student leaders
3) Create new opportunities for Black students through developmental, social and professional networking events
4) Encourage, recognise and celebrate Black students in Further and Higher education for their work and contribution to society
5) Bridge the unemployment gap for Black graduates
6) Support sustainable entrepreneurial development
After conducting a series of national and local conversations, Black Impact has been given a clear mandate to develop five main streams of planned activity to meet the expressed needs of Black students. These are;
1) Ethical leadership, social activism in the Black Lives Matter movement
2) Political representation
3) Engagement within the student movement
4) Focus on the welfare of Black students
5) Promoting Black mental health, resilience and wellbeing
Our mission is to raise, train, support and empower through a public crowdfunding effort to reach £150,000. We are now seeking your support through your financial contributions to enable us to empower Black students through a number of key development programmes to help us achieve our goals.
These are the programmes that your donation will fund:
1) £15,000 will ensure that we can successfully celebrate the Class of 2020 through a series of events which will acknowledge the struggles, celebrate the successes, and share the inspiring stories of this generation of Black graduates.
2) £10,000 will fund Black Impact’s national Black History Month campaign.
3) £25,000 will fund Black Impacts' annual Black student awards to recognise and celebrate Black students in Further and Higher education for their work and contribution to society
4) £20,000 will fund our “Race Equality Now” campaign aimed at the radical reform of Universities approach to race equality on their campuses.
5) £20,000 will fund our national Black student leadership development programme.
Sports and community:
6) £12,000 will fund Black Impact’s prostate cancer sports festival.
7) £10,000 will enable us to launch Black Impact’s community merchandise, helping us become economically self-sufficient.
8) £20,000 will fund Black Impact’s internship/graduate fair, and annual conference/festival.
Welfare (the balance):
9) Providing emergency welfare funds for students facing crisis.
By supporting this fund, you will be helping to fully establish a clear and resounding voice for African and Caribbean students. Black Impact programmes will provide the activist ecosystem that will give Black students a voice and provide a pipeline of trained Black leadership.
We hope you share our vision and will join on this mission to pull down racism and push up Black leadership.
Visit our website HERE
- Chuchu Nwagu
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more