Beth went into the hospital 2 weeks ago, just days after receiving her diagnosis. She started treatment and for now the chemo treatment she is receiving is showing some positive results. Here are some of her challenges ahead:
- Beth has to remain at St. Agnes for almost 3 more weeks.
- After returning home for a couple of weeks, she will have to go back to St. Agnes for another possible 4 week stay. She may be able to do the 2nd round of treatment on an outpatient basis, but she lives in the Auberry foothills and the cancer care center is located in north Fresno.
- There is a mold situation at her home that must be resolved before she is able to return home. With her weakened immune system, she can not be exposed.
- She may need an Airbnb thatis right by St. Agnes. Just in case the home is not ready in time.
- Her husband and family are attempting to do the repairs themselves. Insurance is only covering the mold remediation, but not the plumbing repairs. The supplies alone will be about $5000.
- Her doctors told her to be prepared to be off work until at least the end of the year.
I see at a minimum needing approximately $20,000. For a number of things:
- To supplement the reduced income she will have on disability.
- The repairs at her home.
- The cost of going back and forth between her foothills home and the care center.
- The unknown amount of her portion of any copays as her treatment continues.
Let's get this girl back home and healthy so she can enjoy being back with her 7 grandchildren!!!
- Amy McClure
- EveLynne Nettles
- Theresa Egurrola
- Maggie Millican
- Leanne Vercellini
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more