This is Beatrice, she's a beagle, so we call her Beatrice Beagle or “BB” for short.
Here is her story:
A motorist saw her dumped from a dark SUV on December 14th, 2020, a cold and rainy day. It was obvious to the witness that the dog was sick, given the visibly large tumor on her side. Locals, including myself, began scouring the area for her that day. As the weather grew colder, she was spotted several times but, due to fear and confusion, she refused to come close to anyone. Saginaw County Animal Control was called and live-traps were placed near where she was believed to be bedding down. On December 23rd, I created a group called “The Beagle Brigade” coordinating caring locals to search for her daily. We plotted the area and took turns driving around looking for her. Finally, on December 24th (Christmas Eve), tired, desperate, freezing, and hungry she wandered into someone's garage and curled up on a pile of rags. She was finally captured when she was too exhausted to run...
The following day she was brought to A Walk in The Woods Kennel where she was temporarily housed over the holiday. Food and shelter were generously provided, free of charge, to her until a local rescue called Undercover Angels could get involved. Thereafter, through the rescue, it was determined that she didn't have a microchip. The necessary announcements were made and to no one's surprise, her previous owners didn't come forward. She was now a dog without a home...
Naturally, I was very interested in Beatrice's well-being. I followed the whole process and visited her at the kennel. I knew that if this girl was surrendered to a shelter her fate would be grim. So, together with the rescue, I immediately moved forward with adoption papers. We brought her home on January 4th, 2021. BB is now part of our family and we intend to do absolutely everything we can for her.
Many people asked how they can help and so, in response, I've created this GoFundMe page for her!
I want to be totally transparent. Here is EXACTLY what we're raising money for. Everything will be spent by priority, focusing on goal set #1, then #2, and, finally, #3 (if there's money leftover).
#1 Immediate Veterinary Care
* An initial nose to tail physical, all associated blood work, and necessary vaccinations to prevent further disease.
* Dental work to clean her teeth and extract any bad ones, plus antibiotics or pain killers so she can eat comfortably.
* A needle aspiration or biopsy of the tumorous growth on her side to determine her treatment options, if any.
* Microchipping for identification purposes and licensing fees to make her legal.
* Any other necessary treatments to immediately improve her quality of life and prognosis as proscribed by her veterinarian.
#2: Cancer Treatment
* Additional diagnostic testing, to see if surgery or pet hospice is warranted.
* Medications, surgical intervention, or both.
* Special easier-to-digest foods or supplements, if necessary.
#3 Home-coming Gifts
* A specially-fitted harness (for her comfort), leash, therapeutic dog bed, blanket, toys, and treats.
100% of all funds collected will benefit Beatrice!
- Scott Riker
- Christopher Ottolini
- Andrew Lawrence
- Rebecca Henry
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more