WHO WE ARE
I went through my teen years in the 2000s; in the days of myspace and AIM. Although I had supportive friends and family, my teen years were no walk in the park. I was obsessed with how my body looked and I believed I could only be a good person if I had a perfect body. I would take selfies and post them to Myspace; attempting to feel approved of and loved. I felt unseen and unloved, and most importantly I did not love myself.
The teen years can be emotionally tumultuous. For teens today, these difficulties have been amplified in some ways by the all-encompassing nature of social media and seeking external validation through it.
BEAST Girl is here to change the game of the teen years. It was formed by Elyse Dolde, MS OTR/L for the purpose of teaching girls the skills they need to develop their own sense of self-worth, confidence, and self-love so that they can feel strong, powerful, and confident just the way they are. These opportunities are provided in the form of camps, coaching, and online programming.
The first annual BEAST Girl Camp will be held June 9-11, 2019 at Sunshine Mountain Lodge in Lyons, CO. At this camp, the girls will have the opportunity to participate in team building activities, hiking, yoga, meditation, journaling, and cooking. They will learn to identify their values and create a vision for the next year(s) of their lives. They will re-connect with nature and connect authentically with one another.
· 7 in 10 girls believe they are not good enough or do not measure up in some way, including their looks, performance in school, and relationships with family and friends. (Real Girls, Real Pressure: National Report on the State of Self-Esteem, Dove Self-Esteem Fund)
· 98% of girls feel there is an immense pressure form external sources to look a certain way (National Report on Self Esteem)
· 1 in 4 girls today fall into a clinical diagnosis – depression, eating disorders, cutting, and other mental/emotional disorders. Many more report being constantly anxious, sleep deprived, and under significant pressure. (The Triple Bind, Steven Hinshaw)
This program aims to combat the above statistics by empowering girls to feel confident within themselves, develop authentic connections with other girls, and develop their goals and passions outside of the way their physical body is perceived.
Your support will provide funding for the first annual BEAST Girl camp which includes the cost of the venue, food, transportation, teachers, and activity supplies. With your sponsorship, girls who would otherwise be unable to afford this camp, will be able to attend and make a positive change in their lives.
· Join the Movement to change the teen years for girls
· Give Back to your community by supporting your local teens
· Increase your brand exposure with the teen girl community
· Strengthen your company’s reputation as a charitable citizen
DonationsSee top donations
- Terry Steel
- Katie Hoffman Fulda
- John Hoffman
- Nancy Dolde
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more