On Sunday July 30th 12 concerned citizens from the community met to discuss the sever problems we have with the current direction of the Bear Creek Master Association Board. We decided to meet again a week later and determine if we wanted to go through with a recall of the Board. On the 6th we decided it was necessary and we would move forward for the following reasons.
1. Filing of lawsuits against a sub association for nonpayment of dues. Spending 4 times that and loosing. Refusing to accept a reasonable settlement.
2. Spending $171,000.00 for paving the golf course parking lot we don't own without the approval of the of membership and then spending $300,000.00 more suing to collect and loosing. And afterward the judged granted the opposing attorney $174,625.00 making this a total loss to the community of $645,625.00 for the sake of paving the golf parking lot which we don't own. No notification to the community. This was done quietly and without transparency.
3. Hiring one large government consulting firm without getting bids from contractors to review and assess repair cost. The total cost will be reported soon. This firm was referred by our attorney.
4. Using their 3 plus million dollar budget to replace the drains as justification to increase dues.
5. Raising the Dues 20% now and advising us that they will raise them again 20% after the fiscal year end in November. The increase in dues will raise approximately an additional $720,000.00 a year without a plan of action or reason to increase the dues significantly. No bids have been solicited by any contractors to do the work other than the original consulting firm.
6. Committee members have contacted multiple reliable contractors who have told us that the drains can be repaired at significantly reduced cost by using specifications and repair protocol used by the State of California. Replacement in many cases is not necessary.
5. It is the goal of this committee to elect board members that will
a. Significantly reduce legal fees.
b. Negotiate settlements and reduce our liability to pay more legal fees.
c. Repair the drains over time as needed and as we receive, review and accept bids to repair them in a manner that is appropriate and cost effective.
d. Immediately reduce the dues until we have a plan of action and have a full assessment of cost and time necessary to repair the drains.
On Tuesday August 15th Dave Crain member of the committee presented the board at its monthly meeting a recall petition with over 300 signatures. Thats about 1/2 of the members of our community that signed in 10 days.
We need your support to reach out to all 620 members and assure that we have a quorrum for the election and that we elect responsible members of our community that will not spend our funds on lawsuits and or in fixing and repairing property that is not ours.
We will need Support/Funds for the following items: HOA Legal Assistance, Storm Drain Engineering Consultant, refreshments for our Town Hall Meetings, printing , copies and website.
We will be having "Bear Creek Recall" Townhall Meetings this Tuesday 8/22 - 8/24 from 7:00 - 9:00 PM at the Bears Den please bring your neighbors. We will introduce our Candidates, review the Facts and anwser your questions. Refrshments will be served.
Please help us and get the word out in the community.
Our website is www.bearcreekrecall.com.
email us and we will respond quickly at
- John and Debbie Martin
- Brian Penna
- Trudy & Gordon Lenz
- Charlotte DeHesa
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more