Baby Jackson's Story

It all started when I went into labor on the morning of October 30th. After 29 grueling hours, it was time to push. 3 more hours of pushing, and our big, beautiful, baby boy Jackson was born. Unfortunately, that wasn't the end of Jackson's birth story... it was just the beginning. During the last hour of pushing, Jackson got stuck in my birth canal with his cord wrapped around his neck. Not only was he being deprived of oxygen from the cord,  but his head was under far too much pressure for too long. All of which was putting our poor guy under so much stress. When he was born, he was not crying and we knew something was wrong. Jackson was rushed away to Swedish, a better hospital, more qualified to help him while mommy had to stay behind. I thought this would be the hardest day but I was wrong. Jackson suffered major swelling in his brain from all the pressure and was placed under sedation and on a cooling treatment to reduce it. He also suffered multiple seizures through out the next few days due to the lack of oxygen he received. He has had an EEG monitoring his brain activity through out his stay, and help breathing due to all the stress of everything. It has been a very tough road to say the least. As of today, our strong, sweet boy has relieved the swelling, been taken out of sedation, been put on seizure meds to prevent any further episodes, is in the beginning stages of getting multiple MRIs to analyze any damages and is breathing on his own for the most part! He still has a long road of recovery ahead of him in NICU but he's doing so well. We're so proud of him. The whole experience has been traumatizing. The first time I saw Jacksons face was through a text message. Keith followed Jackson to Swedish where he had to stay and receive all this tragic information about his first born son by himself. The first time I saw Jacksons eyes, he was 5 days old. We haven't even been able to feed our baby due to him having to have a feeding tube. None of this matters to us as much as seeing our baby get better. Unfortunately, it's going to take a while to get him there. You're never prepared for something like this. This is why we're reaching out for help. During the whole experience, Keith has had to take time away from work. Also, with the horrid labor I went through, I've been put on a few expensive meds. Not to mention the outrageous parking prices we're paying multiple times a day just to be able to be with Jackson, the ridiculously priced hospital food, the second car breaking down, and the medical bills that are sure to start rolling in. All of which has put us behind. We're just starting to become exhausted and overwhelmed. It's definitely a very humbling experience. I'm only asking for help to keep us out of a hole while we push through this whole ordeal. Keith is back to work, working around the clock, everyday, through the week and weekends and back at the hospital as soon as he's off. It's very hard for me to write this but we need room to breath. Anything will help. We love, and thank you all so much! Please keep Baby Jackson in all your prayers while he continues to pull through and hopefully heal 100%.     
  • Tony Magaña 
    • $40 
    • 46 mos
  • Shana Zamarron 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
  • Casey Sweeney 
    • $100 
    • 46 mos
  • Colleen Jacobson 
    • $100 
    • 46 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Kristina Jacobson 
Seattle, WA
Keith Reiners 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more