Memorial for Baby Prestyn

I have made this campaign in hopes for a little help for our family with the loss of our baby boy. With our recent complications we cannot afford to pay for any memorial or have the cremation as we had hoped. This is our story and hope to raise what we can for our little man. I am admitted in the hospital and have been in and out since Monday. Monday I had come to the hospital because when I went to the restroom after waking up I had felt a burst of water and wasnt sure what it was. I went to my OB office where I was referred to go to Mercy. After about 8 hours and a few tests,  blood, ultrasound, and urine they found out that I had a premature rupture of my amniotic sack. Basically meaning my water had broke and I had lost all my fluid. They gave me the option to terminate my pregnancy or go home on bedrest and disability for 6 weeks until I hit week 24 in my pregnancy and if I make it, be admitted into the hospital for up to 10 weeks for close observation, injections of steroids, antibiotics and fluids to help finish the development of my little boys lungs. After doing some reading on stories of woman who have been in the same situation and having successful stories I had made the decision to go home and hope for the best. The main concern at this point was his lung development and my risk for infection, if i were to get an infection it would not only put him at risk but also risk my life as well. The next day while at home I had passed a few blood clots, one being the size of a golfball accompanied by mild cramping, I was very concerned. I then went into Sutter where I spent another 7.5 hours repeating all the same tests to be discharged with the same results, options and advice. Wednesday seemed ok I stayed in bed and on the couch like recommended from my last 2 visits, my sisters and mom came over for a few hours and stayed for dinner. Shortly after dinner I had passed another large bloodclot. I called my doctor and a specialists they said stay in bed and if it worsens return to the hospital. Thursday afternoon I had passed another large clot and had some cramping so I went back to Mercy again to make sure I was ok. I went through the same run around, but to find out my ultrasound had some better outcomes, it turns out they seen a little bit of amniotic fluid inside my amniotic sack which is a good sign of progress in my state.  Also at this point my bleeding has basically come to a stop, so again I was discharged at 8:30 after 5 hours. With some new found hope we returned home at about 8:50 and I started eating some dinner with my boyfriend while watching a TV show. Within 15 minutes of the show, I rushed to the restroom where I had passed another bloodclot about the size of my palm and had some serious cramping afterwards. Instantly I jumped into the shower to clean myself up while my boyfriend called the number for ER to see if we should return. We rushed back to Mercy and was back in by 9:30. I have been here ever since. They drew my blood for the 7th time in the passed few days and had done a pelvic exam. During the pelvic exam the Dr seen that my Amniotic sack was now breaching and hanging out of my cervix. Now believing my cramps were the beginning stages of Labor my Cramps got almost unbearable. With my sack being exposed and my white blood cells count being way high she did believe I had a infection and at this point recommended inducing. My life was now in danger and at high risk of getting very sick and passing away myself. This was such a hard decision, but one that had to be made. Shortly after this assessment is when I started feeling ill and turning green/yellow in color. So then I unfortunately spent 16.5 hours in labor and was induced just 2 hours before giving birth and losing our son. This has been such a hard time for me and his father, in and out of the hospital with hopes we can save our little boy. We had one previous scare at 11 weeks with heavy bleeding and elevated white blood cell counts where they said it was a threatened miscarriage and we were sent home. He was born at just 19 weeks with no chances of survival. We are now at the hard decision on what to do with his remains. We are hoping for cremation and to keep his remains with us. With the bills we have already and the fact we have both taken time off of work for these hospital visits, as well as a few in the past, we can't quite afford cremation for our little boy.  We are hoping for just a little help so we can take our little man home with us.

Donations

  • Gloria Santos 
    • $30 
    • 26 mos
  • Baldev Heir 
    • $200 
    • 26 mos
  • Sherry Huerta 
    • $50 
    • 27 mos
  • Lea Ann Shown 
    • $50 
    • 27 mos
  • Paula Schneider  
    • $25 
    • 27 mos
See all

Organizer

Ayrika Caeton 
Organizer
Sacramento, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more