Baby Grayson's Medical journey

Grayson was born February 8th, 2018. While in utero, Dr's diagnosed him to have a Dextrocardia heart, small cyst in his abdomen, SUA (single umbilical artery), and 1 VSD, but the cardiologist wasn't sure and would run tests after he was born. That time came and everything was basically OK.

We followed up with the cardiologist, every week, and on Tuesday, March 6th we went for a scheduled CT scan at Women's and Childrens Hospital because the Cardiologist wanted to see around his trachea to make sure everything was in its place.
The next morning the Dr. called me and said that we were going to be sent to Childrens Hospital in New Orleans and we needed to leave that evening.

Fast forward a few days and after more testing..

Dextrocardia Heart, 4 VSD's, one large, and an ASD, also large. A Left Pulmonary Artery Sling that is around his trachea, and He also has 2 Superior Vena Cavas, and one is leading to the wrong chamber.

He went in for surgery on Wednesday, March 15th, and Drs were not able to complete it because they did a Bronchoscopy and found complete rings in his trachea and extreme narrowing of his esophagus and bronchial tubes. The heart Dr. here said that his case is far beyond his abilities and we needed to consult with 3 hospitals (Chicago, Cincinatti, and South Carolina) and find the best option, if they would think they could even do the surgery.

We were not given a good prognosis, and that if he would survive, this could be a 1-2 year hospital stay and lifelong struggles...

We are still at Children's Hospital, waiting on a conference call with the 3 locations, which should be Tuesday or Wednesday.
Stephen is self employed so there are a lot of cost in travel to and from the hospital and missing work. Because it is unknown yet where baby Grayson will  be having surgery, there will also be cost associated with air transportation, food and loss of work time  for Megan and Stephen while baby Grayson is in the hospital.
Any help and prayers that you can give to help them on this journey and relieve some of the stress and pressure would be greatly appreciated.
  • Cindy Fox 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • John Maturin 
    • $100 
    • 40 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 42 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 42 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Sandy Wasmundt-Morgan 
Queen Creek, AZ
Megan Ebarb 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more