Christmas Day House Fire - Newport News, VA

On Christmas Day, the unthinkable happened. My brother Kyle Minga, his wife Erin and my 4 year old niece Roxie were on their way to see family at 10am when they got the call that their house was on fire. Their dog Nimbus had been barking and jumping at the window when a neighbor broke the glass so he could escape and the firemen took it from there. The fire raged from the kitchen to the dining room and smoke filled the entire townhouse. In the midst of it all, their sweet cat did not make it.

We are so thankful for the supportive community surrounding them. The neighbors who went above and beyond to help, the firemen who risk their lives everyday and spent their Christmas putting out the fire, and to my parents for taking them in without a question.

Many people have been asking how they can help and so I have created this GoFundMe. These funds will be given to Kyle and his family to help them with cleanup, replace items that were ruined in the fire and the smoke, and for other essentials to get them back on their feet.

They are strong and they will rebuild. My sweet sassy niece will make sure of it!

Thank you for the support ❤️

44346584_1577462154503552_r.jpeg

44346584_1577462206222318_r.jpeg

Donations

  • Ellen Minga 
    • $150 
    • 6 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $25 
    • 7 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $150 
    • 7 mos
  • Halie Johnson 
    • $100 
    • 7 mos
  • Jane Cooksey 
    • $25 
    • 7 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Courtney Greskowiak 
Organizer
Virginia Beach, VA
Kyle Minga 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more