Aunt Sandy VS. Breast Cancer

My Aunt Sandy (wife, mother, and grandmother)  was recently diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer after noticing an unusual dimpling in one of her breasts.  Doctors have confirmed that her cancer is triple positive (her, er, pr).  The cancer has spread to her lymph nodes.  She will undergo 5 months of chemotherapy, followed by radiation and another 7 months of chemotherapy.  If the tumor shrinks enough, surgery will be a possiblity.  The herceptin medication alone that Sandy is requried to take is $5,900 per month.  Her only form of insurance is Medicare, which covers 80% of the costs.  The remaining 20% of medical costs will be close to impossible for the family to cover, considering they are struggling to pay the everyday cost of living due to ongoing medical issues that have plagued her and her husband.  Sandy also  suffers from ankloysis spondylitis and spinal stenosis, which is inoperable due to nerve damage.  Her husband has heart disease, and COPD has left him with only one functioning lung.  

We have decided to start a gofundme page to help Sandy so that she is able to focus on getting better instead of worrying about her financial situation.  Please consider any donation amount toward Aunt Sandy's fight against breast cancer.


 See top
  • Anonymous 
    • $35 
    • 19 mos
  • Linda Tukenmez 
    • $25 
    • 20 mos
  • Elizabeth Branson 
    • $50 
    • 24 mos
  • Linda Tukenmez 
    • $20 
    • 26 mos
  • Linda Tukenmez 
    • $20 
    • 28 mos
See all


Cari Shutt Miller 
Barrington, IL
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more