We’re appealing to you - Terry & Trisha’s friends and family, for help.
This is very difficult to do and so we ask you to please read this with an open heart - Terry was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer 9 years ago, since then it has spread to his hips, spine, shoulders and neck. He determinedly beat the odds, underwent chemo and a few sessions of radiation which Trisha flew to Ireland to be with him for in 2016.
His pride and joy (other than his daughters) is his only grandson, Keegan. He surprised Keegs with a visit to South Africa on his 21st Birthday last year, against doctors orders. He’d saved up his little pension money every month to buy Keegan a ticket to his beloved Ireland to visit him. Keegs flew to Ireland in December 2016, and was set to return in February but when Terry became ill Keegs stayed on until Trish arrived.
Keegan returned to SA a month later and Trisha has been looking after Terry ever since, going on 9 months.
Terry has been up and down, as cancer goes, and the last couple of months have been particularly hard.
Unfortunately Trisha has been unable to work so far whilst in Ireland, therefore having to live on Terrys small pension.
This Gofundme account has been set up because there isn’t a funeral policy in place, and Trisha has exhausted all her funds whilst looking after her Dad.
Trisha is completely alone in the care of Terry at home, at a time where she and Terry should be surrounded by family and friends for support and lessening the burden of full time care of Terry, whose health is deteriorating every day, with the infections more frequent and the pain at times excruciating. He is at the moment, unable to stand or walk on his own and is not eating much.
So this Gofundme account is to
1. Primarily raise money for Terry’s funeral which is a major worry for Trisha. There are NO provisions in place. Absolute cheapest funeral in ireland costs €4500.
2. Another very concerning fact is that upon Terry’s passing, Trisha will have to vacate his apartment almost immediately and she will have nowhere to stay, whilst having to pack up his belongings.
3. Terry and Trish have agreed that when the time comes, Terry will go to Harold’s Cross Hospice and a worry for Trish is that although when in Hospice she spends days with him, she may not be there and in that event, does not have the funds for a cab to take her to the Hospice urgently.
4. To be able to send some of Terry’s precious items back to South Africa.
4. It is also our prayer that enough funds will come in to enable Keegs to fly to Ireland so that Trish is not alone in the coming weeks, possibly less, when her father loses his struggle against cancer.
Any amount that you could spare would be so much appreciated. All our love and thanks xxx
DonationsSee top donations
- Chris Sutherland
- Tracey de Goveia
- Taryn Robinson
- Lionel Wright
- Allen Wilson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more