You are one step away from creating a warm smile on your face, on my face and – most importantly - on several faces in Nepal. Within a few seconds, you can support my fundraising and donate to the NGO Asha Nepal.Why am I collecting funds for Asha Nepal?
This year, my dream of discovering Nepal becomes true. Together with my partner, I will trek in the Annapurna region, visit the Chitwan jungle and meet wonderful Nepali people.
However, behind these fantastic scenes, Nepal is still one of the poorest countries in Asia. Its economic situation is critical and the devastating earthquake of 2015 brought hundreds of thousands of people in a condition of extreme poverty. In this precarious situation human trafficking is increasing. Specially sexual exploitation of women and young girls is a critical issue in Nepal.
Fortunately, several NGOs are determined to fight this problem and create new hope for the victims of sexual exploitation. One of these NGOs is Asha Nepal. Thanks to a colleague of mine, I got to know Mrs. Bimala Thapa, who is the executive director of Asha Nepal. Over the past 20 years, Bimala and her team has rescued, rehabilitated and reintegrated sexually abused women and their children from red light spheres in India and Nepal. Touched by their work, I decided to get involved.
By visiting Asha Nepal during my trip and by raising funds for them, I would love to contribute to a society free of sexual exploitation.Why should you get involved too?
1) Several Nepali women need you.
2) Your donation will go directly to Asha Nepal.
3) Several studies show: Good things happen to good people. Generous behaviour is closely associated with reduced risk of illness and lower rates of depression.
4) The amount of your donation will be doubled by my employer Salesforce. This means for example that if you donate 30 €, Salesforce will double your donation, leading to a total amount of 60€ for Asha Nepal.
5) It's your birthday present for my 27th birthday, which I will celebrate in Kathmandu.What is Asha Nepal’s mission?
Asha Nepal is a NGO dedicated to rescue, rehabilitate and reintegrate women and their children from sexual abuse and exploitation, equipping them to build a dignified life of freedom. Asha Nepal also provides awareness to prevent other Nepali girls from falling victim of sexual exploitation.How does Asha Nepal fulfil their mission?
Asha Nepal provides a home and restoration program lasting an average period of three years to women and children victim of sexual exploitation. The restoration program includes among other things:
1) Mentoring and personalised attention to foster healing from trauma.
2) Coaching focused on inner health and healthy relationship building.
3) Formal and non-formal skill training (in areas like literacy, English language, health and nutrition, parenting and women’s equality, business and personal finance) leading to self-confidence and to a sustainable, independent and self-determined life in the long run.
4) Assisted reintegration into their families and communities.
Further, Asha Nepal works to prevent sexual exploitation and trafficking by informing women and girls in high risk areas throughout Nepal about this issue and by raising public awareness.Where can you find more information about the Asha Nepal?
Please check out Asha Nepal’s website here
.Every donations counts.
Please help me and Asha Nepal to create hope for several women and girls in Nepal. This fundraising is open until the 10th of April 2019. Thank you!