By the grace of God, no one but myself and my dog was in the home.
I turned the heat on, and unbeknownst to me, the a/c had caught fire immediately, went thru the walls and caused our stairs to go into flames and the home filed work smoke with in seconds. Thank God no one was upstairs sleeping.....
I was able to get out of the house and call 911 immediately, which is what ultimately saved the home from completely burning to the ground.
It took 25 mins to find our dog, as many have seen the pictures of her being rescued.
If our belongings weren't lost in the fire itself, smoke damage and water damage from the fire department (God bless them) has left most of are belongings unsalvagable.
As it's been a rough year for EVERYONE, it was a particularly rough year for us.
Life was looking up, and then our house caught fire, and is now deemed unlivable until further notice.
We are currently staying at my mother's house, which is a ride from my daughters school but we are grateful to have a place to stay temporarily.
I've never considered making a go fund me, I see them all the time on social media, I've always took care of myself and my family, but now... I have no choice but to ask for a little help.
Anything would help.
- Marybeth Spear
- Marie Carr
- Robin Horsey
- Jennifer Dempsey
- Dianne Aikman
#1 fundraising platform
People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more