This coming March we will have 35 people heading to the Amazon on a 15 day mission project. We will be flying from Chicago to Manaus Brazil, and then taking a large river boat up the river about 5 hours to a small village called Nova Esperança (New Hope) A Seventh-day Adventist church was just completed this last March by a group from Virgina, now we will be bring people to continue the work.
This will be a short term mission project, but with prayer and Gods grace a trip that will have a long lasting effect on the people we are going to serve and also the 35 people we are bring with us.
The type of projects we will be involved in are the following:
1) We will have a team working in the community digging septic tanks.
2) We will be holding programing for the youth and young people, these programs we are call Vacation Bible School (VBS).
3) We will have a medical team with us. We have been working with the Federal Health Department of this region in Brazil. And he is more then happy to work with us and our medical team. Brazil has many laws against bringing in foreign medical workers, so having the Director of Federal Health giving his blessing on our project is very important to us. We will also have a Health Expo at the church for the community to learn more about what they can do to prevent disses and sickness.
4) We will also be holding every night an evangelist meeting at the local church.
5) This leads me to our last project. We would like to raise enough money to keep a bible working at Nova Esperança for at least 6 months.
Thank you for reading this to be more aware of the needs in the Amazon and what we are going to do, to try to make a difference. Your prayers and financial support is greatly appreciated.
P.S. If you donate via gofundme, they take out 7.9% plus $.30 per transaction. So out of $3,000.00 they will take about $420.00.
If you want all of the money you are donating to go towards the project, then please make a check out to the Village SDA Church and in the Memo line put AMAZON Project for Joshua Loucks
If you want to give your donation directly to me you can make the check out to
PO BOX 144
Berrien Springs, MI 49103
Thank you so much for your support!!!
DonationsSee top donations
- David Chatterton
- Sonny & Pat Kurtz
- Lee & Pat Grady
- Devon Smith
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more