Alternative cancer medication

My name is Sherry and I have been battling Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma, Non Small Cell Lung Cancer for approximately 8 years.  I underwent 5 weeks of radiation and many weeks of  a new chemotherapy treatment  suggested by a doctor  who is a leader in lung cancer research at Cedars Sinai   (Dr. Natale) .  Kaiser was ready to prescribe a “general” treatment which did not seem promising.  My best friend’s brother who is an oncologist in Michigan suggested Dr.Natale, and this generous, brilliant doctor answered my emails quickly and has been by “go to” doctor along this journey as my condition changed
 
Miraculously after these first treatments my lung tumors shrank and the surgeons agreed my best chance at survival was to remove the lower lobe of the right lung.  I remained cancer free for almost five years and then the cancer returned in the clavicle area and various other locations.  This occurred approximately 3 years ago and I underwent additional radiation and go for chemo treatments every 3 weeks.
 
At this point the cancer is labeled “incurable”, but may be manageable with the hope of prolonging life.  My last PET scan revealed progressive growth for the first time in 3 years.  The next chemo drug they would administer would be very harsh with no promises.  Thus far I have been very lucky as far as my health goes.  Though I suffer fatigue, the other side effects have been minimal so I have been extremely grateful for that!

 I have learned that it is crucial to be proactive with the type of care administered, and when you are sick and frightened, this can be a daunting task. It's my belief that the next treatment the doctors are suggesting would cause more harm than good.

 I have been researching holistic treatments and the success many have experienced with cancers, diabetes and many other diseases.  . The cost of this holistic medicine is approximately $1000 per month.  In addition, the supplements and special diet recommended to achieve maximum results are costly averaging around $1000 per month. None of this is covered by health insurance.

I am 63 years old and have never asked for financial help so it’s not easy to reach out now or to share my story. I’m retired and live on a limited income, so I say with extreme sincerely that any help would be sincerely appreciated. 
 
What I intend to do as far as “giving back” is to follow through with the medication and supplements for three months and have another PET scan.  When I have the results which I pray to be positive, I will post on every cancer site I can find to help other people, as there are many who do not know about this treatment.  There have been many clinical reports which support the healing aspects of this regiment.  Much has to do with state of mind.  I engage in the 20/80 principal.  20% of the time I focus on the problem and the other 80% of the time I try to focus on the solution.  Thank you in advance with all my heart for your generous help.

Donations

  • Howard Genser 
    • $100 
    • 16 mos
  • Ron Fennick 
    • $198 
    • 16 mos
  • Laurie Phelan Parizek 
    • $35 
    • 20 mos
  • Margaret Pulsifer 
    • $250 
    • 20 mos
  • Carol Dunn Sacher 
    • $50 
    • 21 mos
See all

Organizer

Sherry Felsenfeld 
Organizer
San Diego, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more