Hello and a big thank you for visiting our GoFundMe from ACME Creation Lab in Dallas, Texas!
- We are a group of 5 or 6 artists and creators that are working 24 hours a day in 16 hour shifts to make poly-carbonate medical face shields. To date, we have made over 6,000 shields, and have spent $30,000 of our own money to supply the necessary raw materials.
- We started off by using lasers to cut the design, and have now moved into die-cutting to produce the masks 250 times faster than lasers, and exponentially faster than sewn or 3D printed designs.
- This is a capital campaign to fund an Atom 20-ton Swing Arm Clicker Press, which is a die cutting machine. We have been graciously allowed to use these machines from One Wheel Parts in Lewisville, Texas, FastSigns in Lewisville, Texas, and FastSigns on Prudential Drive in Dallas, but to have one in our own space would enable us to double or triple production to get these face shields into the hands of people who need them ASAP.
- We have already donated approximately 700 PPE face shields to the Dallas Police and Fire Departments, Hospitals, Senior Care Facilities and to other employees of essential businesses who have contact with the public.
- ACME is normally a Makerspace serving the downtown and South Dallas communities, but we've closed for regular business during the pandemic, and have retooled the shop specifically to make PPE.
- We have provided face shields for families and healthcare workers locally and nationally, but our main focus is in serving North Texas. We are not a non-profit, but we are doing all we can to donate PPE, and locally support the Dallas Police and Fire Departments.
- We have orders from hospitals nationwide to provide PPE at reduced costs. Without this machine (the one we're raising money to buy), the production is slower than we would like. The time is NOW to ramp up production, which is why we are doing this GoFundMe.
- We are in the process of applying for FDA approval. The masks have been tested by doctors, and the design has been adjusted multiple times to get it just right.
- Any money raised beyond the goal of $6,400 (the cost of the Clicker Press and delivery costs) will be used to buy additional materials to donate face shields to first responders.
If you'd like more information, or to volunteer, please visit our website at www.ACMECreationLab.org
Thank you so much in advance for helping us make this lifesaving PPE for our first responders and medical community!
Your donation matters