Accident on Christmas Eve

Our family was getting ready to sit down to our Christmas Eve dinner, which the rest of our family had just arived, when we heard screaming from upstairs.  My sister-in-law, Sharon, hair started on fire from a candle.  Her husband, my brother Casey, used his quick thinking and got the fire out fast.  
          She had burns around her face and ears.  We called 911 and met the ambulance on the way to Kittson Memorial Healthcare Center. The EMT took over and got Sharon to the emergency room where a great team took charge and made her as comfortable as possible.  Dr. Surdy dtermined she should be at a burn center to be sure of the extent of her injuries and treat them.              They air lifted Sharon to Hennepin County Burn Center where she is being treated now.  Casey flew with her.        

We are waiting on this Christmas Day to find out how serious her injuries are and what treatment she will need.  The doctors have said she will be there at the burn center for at least a week.  She has second degree burns possibly one area of third degree burns that may need some skin grafts and/or surgery.  Her face is so sollen now that they need for the swelling to go down a bit to know everything.  Please keep Casey and Sharon in your thoughts and prayers.
  • Anonymous 
    • $60 
    • 43 mos
  • Nina Platt 
    • $100 
    • 44 mos
  • Liz & Emily LaPlant 
    • $50 
    • 44 mos
  • Kathy & Scott Nelson 
    • $50 
    • 44 mos
  • Kenny and Darla Hultgren  
    • $50 
    • 44 mos
See all

Organizer

Katie Pearson-Driscoll 
Organizer
Grand Forks, ND
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more