My loving husband, Joe Porter, was taken to the ER Monday August 18 ,2014, and had an ultrasound and bloodwork done, then was sent to a urologist specialist this morning for a followup, and was diagnosed with a large tumor. The dr wants to do surgery as soon as possible, because it is unknown if this tumor is cancerous at this time, and we will only find out if it is after the tumor is removed and a pathologist can run test. This is possible testicular cancer, and the tumor as well as the right testicle must be removed.
Unfortunately this will also leave him home from work for approximately 6 to 8 weeks as he recovers from his surgery, as he is an Industrial HVAC Tech at a plant, there is no light duty for his job. This will mean no income.
While we are devistated with this news, we are also faced with the reality that we must somehow come up with the insurance deductable, as well as further medical and houshold expenses.
Donations to assist with extra medical costs and various living expenses during this time would be very much appreciated, as well as your prayers, and healing thoughts.
While it pains me deeply to ask for this help, I don't know what else to do. Joe has helped so many and continues to dedicate his life to helping others, it is my hope that perhaps with your kind help we might make it through this hurtle in life.
Joe Porter has been a United States Soldier, US Army
Paramedic (still holds his certification)
Rescue diver (has worked in the past with Harris County Dive Team to recover loved ones remains)
Assistant Cub Master and Cub Master with Bay Area Council
And currently is a staff sergeant (rank) and hold the position of First Sergeant in his company with the Texas State Guard.
We wish you the Brightest of Blessings.
What we now know so far as of today's pathologist report.
This is directly copied from Joe:
"Joe Porter: I have been diagnosed with Steroli cell cancer, it is malignant and is found in less than 1% of testicular cancer patients, it is so rare that it is not known if chemo or radiation has any effect on it as the usual outcome is 100% cure/survival rate post primary surgical intervention but mine is malignant and possibly metastasized and may be going into my lymphatic system. It has not been confirmed to be traveling and if the CT shows it hasn't then I need yearly check ups, if has then I have to have my lymph nodes removed in my retroperitoneal cavity to stop the progression."
DonationsSee top donations
- Pete Jamison
- Pete Jamison
- Michael Nealeigh
- Amanda DeViney
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more