Would you like to live in a neighbourhood where you can walk or bike to do most of your daily/weekly shopping or errands? To relax at a cafe or restaurant? To go to school or daycare? To enjoy street trees and greenspace?
If you answered YES!, please consider engaging with and supporting Walkable Ottawa www.WalkableOttawa.ca
Follow us @WalkableOttawa on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube.
Walkable Ottawa is a volunteer initiative. We aim to develop concrete solutions and a clear vision to transition Ottawa’s neighbourhoods to more walkable communities. We believe that the best solutions are achieved through collaboration and conversations, and enriched by research, data, projections & 3D modelling. We will lead a “roll up the sleeves” approach to convert good ideas into practical and attainable solutions for our neighbourhoods.
With the City of Ottawa working on a New Official Plan to guide the development of our neighbourhoods, now is the time to get involved, to share ideas, to listen and to learn about how we can make our neighbourhoods more walkable!
The funds raised from this GoFundMe platform will go towards:
- Creating an online platform to support engagement and share ideas
- Creating 3D renderings to illustrate ideas of how neighbourhoods could transition to becoming more walkable
- Supporting consultations with a diverse group of residents and stakeholders
- Pilot projects with individual neighbourhoods to better understand needs/barriers to walkability
- Complementary studies to support the greater conversation around Walkability
Who can donate?
- Residents of Ottawa
- Community Association Groups
- Neighbourhood Business Improvement Area's (BIA)
- Non-profit organizations interested on housing policy issues in Ottawa
- Anybody looking to contribute in shaping our Ottawa of tomorrow
Now is the time to get involved, to speak, to listen, to collaborate, and participate, so that all residents have a say on how they want their neighbourhoods to become more walkable for generations to come.
All contributions gladly accepted! Any amount will make a difference.
We sincerely appreciate your support.