Campaign ends tonight at Midnight, Thursday March 9.
Since 1978, Velo Promo has brought us great and very affordable races from Snelling, to Copperopolis, to the Madera Stage Race.
We are asking racing members to donate funds to support Velo Promo for new equipment, so that we can preserve some of the best “Grass Roots” racing America has to offer. These “Grass Roots” races have helped to developed many young racers into the champions they are today, and given many more of us fun opportunities to race. NOTE: Please see "Other Recommendations" below and make your voice heard. The group behind this campaign is also getting involved to help influence Velo Promo and other operators to make changes to insure the freshness of racing in Nor Cal.Why the focus on Velo Promo?
Velo promo hosts over 30 races a year, and supports many other events with their staff and gear used by NCNCA. Expenses have been increasing including the cost of USAC, insurance, permits, and police officials, while Velo Promo has maintained low entry fees. The result is that Velo Promo has been operating at an overall deficit of $10,000+ annually since 2012. -- Read release here on Velo Promo
To put it simply, if we lose Velo Promo, we risk losing many road races and classic racing events, or we go the way of other communities: Crits only.
We’d like to see Velo Promo continue offering the races and their supporting of others. Use of Funds:
• New tenting, tables, and chairs
• Seasonal lease payment to replace a Velo Promo service vehicle
• New signage and other equipment
• Improved website and race results postingOther recommendations:
• Point person from this campaign to work with NCNCA and all promoters for less conflict in race schedules
• Changes to a few of the Velo Promo races including new courses, adding Roubaix style events where applicable (gravel sections)
• Fewer races but with increased focus on pre-reg so that Velo Promo can gauge services needed
• A price increase of $5 on all racesPlease make suggestions:
We would really like your suggestions on anything to do with this campaign, events, or better scheduling at NCNCA for that matter. Please send your suggestions to email@example.com