United Together for Aleppo, Syria

All donations are tax-deductible.
UOSSM USA is a registered 501c3, Tax ID: 473403988

For the past week the city of Aleppo has witnessed fierce government airstrikes amidst the proposed cease fire. The Al-Quds Hospital, primarily a hospital for women and children, was struck Wednesday twice within five minutes by thermobaric bombs. The hospital was completely destroyed. At least 35 were killed including women and children. Among those killed was Dr. Muhammad Waseem Maaz , one of the best and few pediatricians left in Syria. Like so many others, Dr Maaz was killed for saving lives . 


The following day, the Al-Marjeh Primary Health Care Center, which provided care to over 1,800 patients a month, was completely destroyed. More than 200 innocent lives have been taken in Aleppo as a result of these airstrikes in the last week alone.

Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations (UOSSM)  is one of the few NGOs currently operating on the ground in Aleppo. UOSSM-USA is launching an emergency fundraiser to provide essential medical supplies and support to rebuild critical medical centers such as Al-Marjeh. 80% of funds will go directly to serving the medical needs of the citizens of Aleppo. In order to maintain the medical relief work UOSSM-USA delivers, the remaining 20% of funds will be allocated to capacity building.


The pictures above depict the attack on Al-Marjeh Primary Heath Clinic (PHC).

The Relief Organization:

Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations (UOSSM-USA)  is a federation of humanitarian medical aid and relief, non-for-profit, non-governmental, member organizations.

UOSSM-USA is currently one of the largest NGO’s operating in Syria, with 600+ staffs and operational sites across Syria, Turkey and Lebanon.UOSSM has provided specialized medical, mental health, and administrative training to more than 9000trainees and health care workers since 2013. Recently, it launched a Nursing School in Southern Syria.


UOSSM has established several Post-operative Rehabilitation Centers inside Syria and in Turkey, providing inpatient and outpatient medical care to over 50,000 patients per year.

Since its foundation, the federation contributed to the establishment and operation of over 200 primary healthcare centers (PHC’s), rehabilitation centers, protection centers, specialized medical training centers, and field hospitals throughout Syria. UOSSM currently operates Bab Al- Hawa Hospital, the largest Emergency and Specialty Hospital in the Northern Region in Syria, and continues to provide the majority of medical supplies and consumables in Syria, particularly in the Northern region.

UOSSM works with numerous international partners including:



UOSSM  Board members
Monzer Yazji, MD,  President

Ahmad Abo Kayass, MD, Vice President

Khaula Sawah, Pharm.D, Chief Executive Officer

Ashraf Traboulsi, PhD 

Humam Akbik, MD

Abdalmajid Katranji, MD

Hassan Chahadeh, MD

Baraa Alhafez, MD


UOSSM-USA 



Campaign by
Anar Yazji
Ajad Yazji
Nizar Haj-Yahya
Hannah Salinas
Aram Yazji
Ibrahim Yazji

Donations

  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 47 mos
  • Marla Sandoval 
    • $100 (Offline)
    • 49 mos
  • Yolanda Mora 
    • $100 (Offline)
    • 49 mos
  • Nour Alanbari 
    • $25 
    • 49 mos
  • Lowell Beck 
    • $25 
    • 49 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Monzer Yazji 
Organizer
Mcallen, TX
Khaula Sawah 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more