We are a team of enthusiastic medical students and physicians from UC Davis School of Medicine seeking to provide sustainable and compassionate care to underserved and rural communities in Nepal this summer of 2015.
From May 14 - June 6, we will be in Kathmandu and Sindhupalchok, one of Nepal’s least developed rural districts, to bring health care and resources to community members. Our objectives are:
1. Support local health leaders within the Nepalese Health System.
2. Collaborate with Tribhuvan and Kathmandu University students and faculty and learn about the Nepalese Medical Education System.
3. Promote sustainable health and hygiene initiatives at the underserved youth facilities.
4. Support, inform, and empower villagers in Bhotang, Sindhupalchok, on health issues they are most concerned about.
5. Work and grow with our community partners, Hand and Hands Volunteer Society-Nepal (HHVS).
6. Telemedicine and Telederm in particular to remote regions of Sindhupalchok VDC.
Why We Chose Nepal:
The Nepali Civil War lasted from 1[phone redacted] and left over 150,000 internally displaced and more than 13,000 dead. This war greatly devastated children with more than 10,000 orphaned, 100,000 forced to flee their villages, and over 26,000 living on the streets. In addition, post-war civil unrest has compounded the surge of orphans within the last 10 years. The overcrowding of many orphanages in Kathmandu has led to poor health and hygiene conditions for this at-risk population.
Six years ago, second year medical student Jenn Quan went to Nepal as an undergraduate to help rebuild this amazing nation; she not only fell in love with the country but also with the people there. Jenn made it her to goal to return with a medical team, and with your contributions, we hope we can all go back to serve this community.
How YOU Can Help
Your contributions will assist us in purchasing medications, supplies, and equipment for the orphanages and villages we visit. Most importantly, it will help us build a sustainable infrastructure that we hope will be maintained long after we come back home. We assure you that every dollar you donate will go toward helping those in Nepal. Please help us, and spread the word. Together we can change the world.
Your donation with be used for the following:
• Medical supplies
• Teaching materials
Thank you for supporting UC Davis School of Medicine Jai Nepal Medical Team!
- Albert Quan
- Constance Chan
- Elizabeth Vazquez
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more