P H A S E 2
PHASE 2 OF THE COAST MIWOK MONUMENT PROJECT OF MARIN COUNTY!
The earth of Marin County, defiled now by foreign hands, is still as pure as the day that we left it. Our villages are gone, and our people who lived there. Our arrows are scattered, our bows are broken. The Creeks are dammed, and our ways forgotten. But it will not be that way.
From the Monument of the Coast Miwok, there will be reaped a harvest of memories, of a people who died but will not be forgotten. For the Olom-ko, the People of Olom-kocha, land of our fathers, and their fathers, and their fathers, back to the beginning of time, when the creatures of the earth were young and the world was just created.
Listen to our story...
We are now collecting the balance for the full Bronze Statue, created by Will Pettee, artist of Monterey, to produce and install, at a location yet to be determined, to come to fruition!
Here we go one more time!! (The artist is ready!)
NEVER FORGET THE COAST MIWOKS!
They won't forget! Unveiling of our Beautiful Maquette!
THANK YOU ** THANK YOU !
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
700 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
CONTRACT TO COMMISSION A SCULPTURE FROM ARTIST INCLUDES:
• Estimated costs include: (Actual Costs may vary based on final decisions made by Client)
• Create design and coordinate for site specificity
• Create clay sketch (maquette) for design approval
• Design and create bronze plaque(s)
• Digitally scan maquette for creation of 3D print
• 3D print enlargement in burnout material
• Create life-size or larger than life sculpture with life-like details
• Finishing re-work of 3d print investment models
• Foundry costs to cast in bronze (utilizing
*Lost Wax Process), clean/chase/weld and finish surface and patina.
• Creation of cement base for mounting of sculpture
• Landscaping considerations/costs at site
• Coordinate installation on site.
· Design Phase
· CREATION OF MAQUETTE (to be used for enlargement)
· DIGITAL SCAN AND DATA IMAGE FILES, PROVIDED AS DONATION BY:
Email: [email redacted]
· 3D DIGITAL BURNOUT PRINTING
· INSPECTION/REVISION OF 3D PRINT
· THE WORK
· COMPLETION DATE
· CASTING/FINISHING/BRONZE INSPECTION
$233,812.50 (tax included)
Price does not reflect the cement to have it placed into, and other things, which is why the 300K. This is the price that goes to the artist. Artist will not commence work until we reach the 200K mark in the fundraising.
All other fees added on to the GOFUNDME are fees for administration of the fundraising and GOFUNDME fees, etc. Anything in excess of GoFundMe Goal will be put towards other Coast Miwok Memorial projects on hand, i.e. Graveyard, removing white unmarked crosses and putting actual headstones for my ancestors!
- Mary Siedman
- James Benney
- Janice Wood
- Tara Taupier
Fundraising team (4)