A select group of international students within our program are inspired to make a lasting impact and maximize both our time and impact while in India.
A collaborative group of Belgian, American, Portuguese and South African students have come together to make a difference, under the guidance of a fellow Indian classmate. The seven students will be residing in India for four months but intend to create relationships and a program to allow for our initiatives to continue to serve the children and orphanage into the future. We have made contact with an orphanage in Bhubaneswar, India who has graciously accepted our request to support and work directly with the organization and the children in need. In accordance with our inquiry, the Asha Kiran orphanage has provided us with a list of their most pressing needs and iniatives in which we can take to help. In order to have the most profound impact, we are reaching out to acquire funding prior to our arrival in India in order to be able to focus on supporting and implementing our initiatives for change. The list of initiatives that we are looking to accomplish include:
• Providing the necessary funding and organization needed to acquire health insurance as well as an emergency medical fund for the children
• Purchasing, delivering and setting up furnishings for the dwellings of the children
• Developing and sustaining a garden to be utilized by the kitchen of the orphanage
• Help create a plan and fund to purchase land in order to expand the orphanage in the future
• Aid in the education of English and vocational skills for the children with the hopes of teaching them how to support themselves in the future
• To play with and learn from the children in order to maximize the symbitoic relationship between the children and the students
Your funding and support would mean the world for these children and we will make sure that it goes directly to the development and welfare of the children at Asha Kiran Orphanage.
A big thank you in advance!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Annelies Leuridan
- Annika Coconut
- Luis Lopes
- Conner Fenlon
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more