However, she suffered an adverse reaction to the anesthesia, and the procedures that followed only worsened her condition.
The response my mother received from the physicians handling Donna's care was, "We do not currently know her prognosis. All I can tell you is that we are praying."
She was flown by helicopter to Ochsner in New Orleans, where she is currently. We do not yet know any updates or further details, but we will update as soon as we can.
Obviously, my Uncle Mike and cousins Tara and Tiffany are overwhelmed with anxiety and distress as they stand beside the person who holds their family together, the center piece, the wife, the mother, "DeeDee."
Above all else, we ask for your fervent prayers. Pray for healing, for God's hands to hold Donna every second and to guide our earthly physicians but mostly to emerge as the Great Physician. Pray for peace for the family and for unwavering faith. Pray for a miracle.
We are not yet certain of the length of her stay in New Orleans or of the costs that lie ahead for the family. Therefore, for those who feel compelled to give financially, we thank you, and we know that the Lord will bless you (Proverbs 11:25).
- Brandi Bentley
- Kristie Robison
- Kevin Hutchinson
- Stephanie Hutchinson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more