Penny Sue Needs You!

Dearest Friends and Family,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that my beautiful mother, Penny Sue Hicks Owens, has been diagnosed with two brain tumors. The surgeon wants to remove them as soon as possible so that we can get them tested to see if they are cancerous. Unfortunately, my mother's Medicare will only cover 80% of the bill and the remaining 20% of the doctor's fee as to be paid prior to the procedure. She is on disability and a fixed income does not leave much room for emergency medical expenses. It breaks my heart that while dealing with all of this, she has to worry about the money. We are doing everything we can to make this happen for her, but our funds are very limited and time is of the essence. We desperately need your help!



If you know my mother, then I don't have to tell you how amazing she is. She has raised three strong children and one granddaughter. She even has a great grandson coming in December. She has been a devoted wife to my father, Dennis Owens, for 35 wonderful years. She has worked hard her entire life to make sure that we had the things that we wanted and needed. She does so much for everyone else and it is time that we did something for her. We can give her the greatest gift; a longer life. I know she would put it to good use. And let's face it, the world is a better place because she is in it.



Any donations will go toward her surgery, treatment that may follow, medications, living expenses, travel expenses and hotel accommodations. Thank you all so much for your emotional and financial support during this devastating time. We appreciate your prayers, thoughts and kind words. Please share this link with your friends and family. Any help will be greatly appreciated!



If you have any questions or concerns, or would like the surgeon's office information for verification purposes, do not hesitate to contact me.




Thank you!

Crystal Owens




  • Anonymous 
    • 50 $ 
    • 82 mos
  • Caroline & Storm Holmberg 
    • 25 $ 
    • 82 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • 40 $ 
    • 82 mos
  • Peggy Cutright 
    • 20 $ 
    • 83 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • 50 $ 
    • 83 mos
See all

Organizer

Crystal Owens 
Organizer
Huntington, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more