Our little girl's story........
Our soon to be daughter is a young girl from a remote village in India. She was orphaned at a very early age and seperated from her two siblings. She was cared for by multiple different remote family members but due to extreme poverty, family could no longer care for her and surrendered her for adoption. She now resides in an orphanage which is where her story enters ours.
The Mariano’s Story
Interestingly enough, our story started several years ago while attending a Christian concert with our two sons, Anthony and Gabriel. At the concert, an organization was promoting child sponsorship on a global level. The boys were moved by the stories of hope and asked if we could sponsor a child, so we raised our hands and took a sponsorship brochure. Since then we have sponsored different children around the world, some of whom have graduated from the program and moved on to productive lives in their communities.
As part of the sponsorship program, emails from the organization are received that contain what are called “Waiting Child Lists”. These lists contain many children who are difficult to place and/or children who have urgent needs that are seeking adoptive families. Many of these children are older and have profound special needs.
Recently, our little girl's story crossed my path and the Lord spoke to my heart. I shared her story and my feelings with Tony. After many conversations and with a lot of prayer, we truly believe the Lord has called us to pursue with her adoption.
The story of our little girl and her new family.
The journey towards International Adoption is a long process of multiple phases, red tape and fees. There are many facets of the journey that we need the help of friends and family. The first and foremost need is for prayer. Prayer that the Lord continues to move in this process and prayer that He continues to protect our little girl through the efforts of multiple agencies until we can bring her home. We are also praying that the Lord inspires people to come alongside us in the many needs that we must fulfill to complete her journey to her new home.
So please, as our friends and family, pray for our little girl, pray for us and pray for God to guide this process. We also ask that if the Lord leads you to contribute financially, we would be forever grateful. The adoption process will cost upwards of $40,000 so we have set up this Go Fund Me Page to raise funds for the adoption as well as keep everyone informed of progress and answered prayers. Below are the needs that we are asking for help with:
1. Financial contributions to help cover the massive cost of the adoption process including legal fees, time off and fees required by Holt, the adoption agency and both the US immigration department and the Government of India.
2. Folks of trade to assist us with the necessary renovations to accommodate a young lady in house full of boys! These include the addition of multiple bedrooms, an additional bathroom and a homeschool classroom. We will be in need of folks with experience with concrete, plumbing, electrical and general construction.
3. Donations of frequent flier miles to help offset the cost of travel for Tony and I as well as Pongsula. We will likely be traveling via American Airlines.
4. Someone in the travel business to assist us with coordinating travel to the remote area of Dimapur, India (Travelocity and Orbitz were not helpful!)
5. The sharing of our story on your own personal social media in hopes that her story inspires others.
Whether you are able to contribute financially or not please continue to pray for our family and our journey.
The Mariano Family
Stacy, Tony, Anthony and Gabe
DonationsSee top donations
- Pauline Gruber
- Mandy Booth
- Glenn Chapman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more